Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need cheap hosting

Featured Replies

Hey, I'm after some advice on hosting, at the moment I'm with Dreamhost, but it runs out next week, and I cant afford the $120 to renew it (Managed to save $97 when I first joined, only reason I went with them).

 

I dont use much bandwidth (last month was only 14mb), and around 200mb of disk space.

 

I've had a quick search around the forum, and come across PearTree, from what I've seen, they look like they offer everything I need, and pretty cheap, does anyone have any experience with them? Or recommend any others?

 

Thanks :)

Their are a few people on this forum who are hosted with peartree. Never heard anything bad about them, only good things.

 

Wesh are another good host that spring to mind, well worth a look. Known a few people hosted with wesh too, and again never heard of any real problems.

 

http://www.wesh.co.uk/

 

 

Thirdly skyte, never heard anything bad, and like many others, spoken to the main man himself once or twice, i think you'd struggle to find a more honest , level headed and quality orientated guy.

 

 

http://www.skytemedia.com/

 

Edit: Also check out purplecloud. They were the first company i ever hosted with and they were good. The support was top notch. Not used them for a few years mind.

 

http://www.purplecloud.com/

I am more than happy to give you a call to discuss your requirements :)

 

We have many fantastic customers on and off this forum and very positive reviews - we still have our very first customer with us :)

 

My email address is rob@peartreeuk.com should you have any questions.

Kiernet,

 

I'd be happy to offer you cheap and reliable hosting.

 

You can view our packages at www.skytemedia.com or feel free to contact me to discuss this further so we can find a package that suits you like a glove.

 

I can guarentee that Skyte Media will give you the CHEAPEST yet most RELIABLE quote.

 

Look forward to speaking to you soon!

Kiernet,

 

I'd be happy to offer you cheap and reliable hosting.

 

You can view our packages at www.skytemedia.com or feel free to contact me to discuss this further so we can find a package that suits you like a glove.

 

I can guarentee that Skyte Media will give you the CHEAPEST yet most RELIABLE quote.

 

Look forward to speaking to you soon!

 

SkyteMedia are good I'm currently with them and they're always there to help you when you need it - more of a personal service than any other hosting I've tried and so they also therefore get things done more quickly.

 

Hope you find what you are looking for either way

I am going to be recommending Skyte Media as hosting for any of my clients due to the fact that "the word on the street" is that they are very reliable, personal and quick at getting the best service possible for you. Plus after talking to the main man personally I can confirm that they are very genuine :)

SkyteMedia are good I'm currently with them and they're always there to help you when you need it - more of a personal service than any other hosting I've tried and so they also therefore get things done more quickly.

 

Hope you find what you are looking for either way

 

I work alongside Skyte Media and they are always very friendly and reliable - 10/10.

  • Author

Thanks for the replies, in the end I went for PearTree, although I dont use much space etc, they offered more for the same price. And was rather simple to set up, seemed a lot of hassle with Skyte Media, having to email them etc for only a small blog.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.