July 8, 200917 yr Hi everyone, Managed to come off my motorbike yesterday, got my ankle trapped under the bike as it slid along (wasnt far, as i was only going slow, luckily) so hurts like hell (maybe its broken, cant really be bothered to go to hospital though, so waiting for doctor to get back to me) Unfortunately, not the first time ive broken something (if it is broke, not just twisted) in the past ive broken the same ankle (right one) twice. the first time i ignored it and walked on it for a week, til i tore all the tendons off the bone at a party and then went to hospital. Any of you done anything stupid that put you in hospital? Reaper
July 8, 200917 yr lol guez. I have never broken anything despite crashing my push bikes a lot, and being in a few car crashes (1 at 90mph). The trick to not getting hurt on bikes is to jump off, distance yourself from it. Don't just hold on and pray lol.
July 8, 200917 yr Author Ive learnt that now Andy. But look at it the other way, the car infront was a nice Jaguar, couldnt just let it slide into it. Reaper
July 8, 200917 yr I have an idea... go to the hospital If you have broken it twice then the chances are that your ankle is now very fragile and can be broken with more ease. I would definitely get it checked out!
July 8, 200917 yr Author Just come back from the doctors, he says ive done some muscle damage, and will need to do a few laps of the swimming pool to help build that and my shoulder (which i also landed on) muscles up. Reaper
July 8, 200917 yr Never been to hospital over a broken bone.. but when I was younger I was trying to get something from under the sofa and put my foot under the wooden foot of the sofa to make it a bit higher...... Then my sister jumped on the sofa. Didn't go to the hospital as my parents just thought it was a bruise.. 10 years or so later and I still have a toe which is bent up from where I suspect I broke it.
July 8, 200917 yr I was running one night (that's not the stupid thing and I was stone cold sober) and tried to jump a fence that is about up to half way between my ankles and knees, totally misjudged it and ended up about ten foot away from the fence on the floor, having battered my left knee on the pavement. Thinking it was just a scrape I ran home and then went to the pub had a few beers and then couldn't walk very far. Still went home and went to bed to try and 'rest' it. Waking up the next day I couldn't even stand up or bend the knee in question. SO it was to the hospital for me in my grandad's Skoda Favorit. Couldn't bend my leg to get in to it though, got a wheelchair when I was there and found out that I had damaged my ligaments in my knee. Six weeks on crutches, 4 weeks physio and it still aches now and again. Let it be a lesson to you that you never try to jump over fences!
July 8, 200917 yr Where to start. I broke my right collar bone skiing - lost my balance and hit another skier, broke his arm. Broke all the knuckles in both hands ( boxing) Broke my jaw once whilst drunk, still don't know how. Broke a kneecap at school when another kid tackled me at football. And the big one, fractured my spine, ruptured 2 discs, fractured my left and right thighs, left shin, left ankle, both wrists, left shoulder and a vertabrae in my neck, when I fell off a cliff whilst in the Army (hence the reason I am not in the Army anymore) I've also broken toes and fingers in minor accidents. But hey i'm still going and no doubt i'll do some more. lol
July 8, 200917 yr Where to start. I broke my right collar bone skiing - lost my balance and hit another skier, broke his arm. Broke all the knuckles in both hands ( boxing) Broke my jaw once whilst drunk, still don't know how. Broke a kneecap at school when another kid tackled me at football. And the big one, fractured my spine, ruptured 2 discs, fractured my left and right thighs, left shin, left ankle, both wrists, left shoulder and a vertabrae in my neck, when I fell off a cliff whilst in the Army (hence the reason I am not in the Army anymore) I've also broken toes and fingers in minor accidents. But hey i'm still going and no doubt i'll do some more. lol ARE YOU SERIOUS? Jesus! Are you sure you are still alive? I must say, well done!
July 8, 200917 yr Broke all the knuckles in both hands ( boxing) Broke my jaw once whilst drunk, still don't know how. Drunk boxing pressumebly! I haven't broken anything. I was in hospital when I was younger because I woke up one morning and my right leg wouldn't move. Doctors told my mum I probably won't walk again lol. Turned out to be a bad reaction to a mix of wrong medication and it disabled me for 2 weeks.
July 9, 200917 yr ARE YOU SERIOUS? Jesus! Are you sure you are still alive? I must say, well done! yeah i'm still alive, lol. Drunk boxing pressumebly! I haven't broken anything. I was in hospital when I was younger because I woke up one morning and my right leg wouldn't move. Doctors told my mum I probably won't walk again lol. Turned out to be a bad reaction to a mix of wrong medication and it disabled me for 2 weeks. It may well have been drunk boxing, although it could just have easily been drunk falling over.
July 9, 200917 yr Author I know someone who fell through a shop window whilst drunk. Amazing what you can do when you've had one too many. Biggest problem for them: they sat and waited for the shop owner to turn up (security alarm went off) and agreed to pay for the damage, giving contact details, shop keeper was happy, but then the police turned up in force, threw the 3 people that were there to the ground, cuffed them and manhandled them into the police car. Ive been told the back of the police car had to have a complete makeover after they were taken out. Reaper
July 9, 200917 yr Can this turn into a drunk criminal damage thread?? I have some strories! A friend got refused service in a pub because he'd "had too much". So he decided to go to the toilets and take his anger out on a window. He put his hand straight through it but because he throws tatty punches, he pulled his hand back through and there was blood spurting out of his hand and his thumb was hanging on by a thread! Brilliant stuff, he needed plastic surgery. And he had to pay for the window and was barred from the pub. Didn't stop us from going without him though!
July 10, 200917 yr Ive broken my left arm and my right ankle and torn the ligaments. Very painful and my ankle still hurts now.
Create an account or sign in to comment