Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Clicking your own ads

Featured Replies

I was just looking at my blog and saw an ad that interested me, and I clicked it, realising that it was my own bloody advert I got worried. Could I be penalised by this?

The odd click won't make a difference, but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

G probably ignored the click since it was you, maybe registered the click itself in your account but paid you nothing for it. Definitely don't do it often or your account may get terminated for click fraud. But just one click you should be fine.

  • Author

Phew, I was getting worried, I have £12 that's been totting up for nearly 4 years (I'm a quick earner).

 

At this rate I'm earning 6.585879874x10 to power of -6 per hour.

haha, 1 click wont make a difference.

 

The one ive been wondering myself, if i get a group of mates (30-50 people) to click the ads daily. Would google penalise me, as it isnt my IP?

 

Reaper

  • Author

It depends, it might recognise that your friends have the consistent IP address and penalise you for that.

Most affiliate programs store your own IP address against your login

You own clicks are then registered but excluded

However, as above, if you are seen to be attempting click fraud accounts are usually suspended or terminated

As your friends IP addresses will not be shown the same as the admin login IP address you can send as many visitors to your website as you like

However traffic monitoring does take place with most affiliate schemes, but as yet I've never heard of an account suspended or terminated (unless it is clearly excessive)

Just remember to instruct them to click ONCE and ONCE only

Phew, I was getting worried, I have £12 that's been totting up for nearly 4 years (I'm a quick earner).

 

At this rate I'm earning 6.585879874x10 to power of -6 per hour.

 

lol here here! mines exactly like this

 

The one ive been wondering myself, if i get a group of mates (30-50 people) to click the ads daily. Would google penalise me, as it isnt my IP?

 

Reaper

 

Your ads getting clicked daily from the same group of 30 - 50 IP addresses will look pretty damn suspicious. I bet your account would be terminated in about a week!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.