Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Black flash on every page load

Featured Replies

Hi there, I am running Wordpress to power my blog and I have the Freshy 2.0 theme running. Whenever I navigate to another page on the site I get a black flash where the entire page is filled black for a split second and then the page is loaded.

 

I have looked over the source files and can not find anything obvious which could be causing this, is anyone around to take a look at it for me please?

 

The site is: www.chrisfarrants.co.uk

 

Regards,

 

Chris

  • Author
http://www.chrisfarrants.co.uk/wp-content/...om_my_style.css

 

you have your body background colour set to black :)

 

body {

/*:Background image*/

background-image:url(images/background/fat_lines_mid.gif);

/*:Background color*/

background-color:#000000;

}

 

Thanks 'BlueDreamer' you were right. I have removed the line so the BG now flashes grey (which is more pleasing on the eye as it suits the colour scheme). I'm guessing that if I look at streamlining the loading of the CSS then it wont flash at all?

I dont get a flash when I switch pages....

 

I dont think streamlining your css will do anything.

 

Just my opinion :S

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.