Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Selling a domain name

Featured Replies

**** UPDATE:**** I really don't want this domain name to go to waste. Send me a PM with your offer if you want it. I'll accept any offer really, as small as it might be. Thanks!!! ****

 

 

 

 

 

Hey there,

 

A while ago I bought a domain name, www.giveawebsite.com, for a project of mine. Unfortunately I'm just too busy to create the website.

 

Do you think I've wasted my $10 or I could resell it? If so what are some good sites for selling domain names? Also I have no idea how much one should charge for a domain like that.

 

Thank you!

how old is the domain now? i suppose it could be set up as a charity site for charities looking for a site or aspiring designers looking for work experience... hummm

  • Author
how old is the domain now? i suppose it could be set up as a charity site for charities looking for a site or aspiring designers looking for work experience... hummm

 

It's about 3 months old I think. I can check with Godaddy.

 

My plan was to make a website where non-profit organizations that needed websites, could submit their project; I would estimate how much their future site is worth, then the project would be added to a directory and visitors could donate to the projects. When enough money has been raised to pay for the website I would design it for the organization. That way, the website would have been payed by donors and the organization would basically get it for free. I really loved the idea, even had a great design but just not enough time :(

It's about 3 months old I think. I can check with Godaddy.

 

My plan was to make a website where non-profit organizations that needed websites, could submit their project; I would estimate how much their future site is worth, then the project would be added to a directory and visitors could donate to the projects. When enough money has been raised to pay for the website I would design it for the organization. That way, the website would have been payed by donors and the organization would basically get it for free. I really loved the idea, even had a great design but just not enough time :(

 

 

Sounds like a good way to get some business in, so what do you want for the domain, ive got abit of spare time so could give it a go getting something like that set up.

 

Only downside i can see is that people will say "why isnt he just designing for free?"

 

 

 

 

Reaper

  • Author
Sounds like a good way to get some business in, so what do you want for the domain, ive got abit of spare time so could give it a go getting something like that set up.

 

Only downside i can see is that people will say "why isnt he just designing for free?"

 

 

 

 

Reaper

 

Hi Reaper,

 

I have no idea what I want, so make an offer. :)

 

Thank you!

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey color lover...there are a lot of website that will determine the value of your domain for free......Alternatively you can use Sedo

 

I hope this helps :)

  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any natural traffic on this domain name?

  • Author

Hey,

 

Not quite sure what you mean about natural traffic?

 

Anyway, people, if anyone is interested in the domain name, send me a PM and make me an offer. You can even rip me off, I don't care. I really don't want it to go to waste.

 

Thank you!

PM me with details of the project and maybe we can get something sorted so that you get to keep the domain and get the original project up and running.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.