Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HTMLJack

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HTMLJack

  1. Good Afternoon guys, I am currently in the process in organising an E-Commerce site for myself, and after countless hours of researching my niche I am ready to proceed! The next step is building my website, so I have a few questions I need to ask. Just to fill you guys in as well, ive been doing work on TeamTreehouse and I am getting to grips with HTML and CSS, but I can always top up on other sections if needs be. The questions I need to ask are: What is the best platform to build this Ecommerce site on? Shopify? etc... How complex can it be? Any advice would be much appreciated Many Thanks, Jack
  2. Thank you TimW this has been really helpful. I am going to play around with a CMS like Joomla or WP to see how things go. Alternatively, I am into photography, building portfolios, music and generic creative activities. My mother is a Speech and Language therapist and she needs a website built and designed so I can imagine that will be my first project. If she has already bought a domain can I use that on any CMS? Cheers,
  3. Thank you very much, I appreciate your input
  4. Thank you for your advice I do appreciate it. Just one quick question, when 'building the sites' is that done on the CMS or do I need to do it on text editor and get some form of server to test it out? Thanks,
  5. Hi There, I have recently been doing Team Tree House courses and loving them. I am starting to pick up the basics of coding quickly therefore progressing at a fast pace. The only thing is that I want to start doing my own work, building some websites to practise etc... I am unsure as to where to start, what CMS to use etc... Could someone point me in the right direction please? Or give me some advice? That would be much appreciated Many Thanks,
  6. Hi there, I have recently been following a course on TeamTreeHouse learning about basic coding. I am currently using Workspace to input the codes and test on a server they have provided, but if I was to build a website off my own back can I still use Workspace? Or do I need to get a new text editor to input the code? If so does anyone have any recommendations/ or server recommendations on how to test websites whilst building them? Many Thanks,
  7. Hi there, I am web design newbie, I haven't had any experience in it whatsoever. It is something that is of interest to myself so I am after some guidance as to where to start, the tools to use, any guides to read etc.. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be brilliant Many Thanks, Jack

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.