Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CreativeSheep

Privileged
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CreativeSheep

  1. W3C lists you can use the mask as a short-hand property. Neither of the listed properties are working in Chrome 41.x ? mask:url("<path with image>") luminance; -webkit-mask: -------------------------------------
  2. By letting CSS with the use of percentages control the width, the image will adjust to size, correct ? Or use PHP or Imagemagik ?
  3. I'll need an image for mostly all screen sizes as I mentioned. I have designed a 320px width image, as well as 510px image. The problem arises when the width is 480px, I wan the image to fill the container, if I don't make an image for 480px in width, I'll be left with spaces in width of the container, understand
  4. I will need images for every screen size. If I want to feed an image to a 480px width, and I only have a 320px and a 510px width image, that space will have to be filled in by an image.
  5. Creating a screen size for every width is insane. Like many, I prefer to keep it to three image sizes, that and for my sanity. The problem is, I need a interpolater that if say in my situation, I have an image designed for 320px and the width gets changed to 480px, 160px difference the interpolater can fill in the missing space, intelligently ?
  6. Nope that didn't work
  7. I've run into an issue with multiple background images. When I turn off the second background-image, the first background-image is shown, or vise versa, how come I can't have multiple background-images successfully, what is going wrong ? #element { position:relative; background-image:url() // FIRST / TOP background-image:url() // SECOND / BOTTOM background-repeat:no-repeat/repeat //etc
  8. This site doesn't have the widths for MS Surface 2/3 and the Blackberry passport, anyone know their widths ?
  9. I had Deluxe Paint for Amiga and because I loved animation; Then I moved onto Lightwave > Softimage and now Maya !
  10. I added this javascript / media viewer a long time ago to a page, I realized, although it should work as I was informed, tapping is not working to open the high slide window to the element for which it's applied ? Tested on Windows Phone and iPhone 5, neither work.
  11. At this time, yes I may have too create images for all those sizes.
  12. What techniques do you use to create responsive images, I'm in the process of it currently and so far it looks like I'll need the following widths; 320,480,700,800, what if I'm missing some widths, is there a sure fire method ?
  13. My first computer, actually my second, my first was this at 4 yrs old. Then the Amiga 500 followed.... I wanted the Video Toaster but didn't have the cash, I begged my mom, never happened
  14. My idea is............. ! A new type of soup !
  15. I need someone to invest so I can make the product, sure I could get a loan, maybe that is the only route I have since no one may invest in the product until they see an actual product.
  16. There are alot of dumb products that made alot of money, I'm going to take the gamble. I can do the 3D design, I just need to know the first step, obviously I will need some extra help, where do I find that help to make this product a reality ?
  17. I have a product idea that I want to turn into reality, I have a few questions. What is the best method to make the blue-print for the idea, regular paper with descriptive information for every part of the product ? How do I find investors as I want an international patent and I need someone or a group to invest money so I can make product ?
  18. Polyfill may not work but modernizer may ? There is no solution around this issue considering the only issue is with floats on the page with IE7 ?
  19. I have an IE7 conditional style but I'm not able to get the layout working, it almost works in IE7 but not the way it should Like I said, I will support IE7 for now, I will create this site backward compatible to IE7, in the future I will only support IE9+
  20. I figure I will continue to support for now, besides it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to get things to work in IE7 !
  21. Go to this page, and I'm experiencing whereas p.imgbox are all floating to the left in IE7, I want it to alternate as is in newer versions of IE ? I know IE7 is phasing out, especially when Spartan gets released by Microsoft, for now I'll support IE7 at the very minimum.
  22. My IE7 style sheet is in a condition. There is a style for a selector which I must edit, but the selector style is not being read within the IE7 conditional statement, which doesn't make sense especially if the style for the selector is being read outside of the conditional style sheet ? I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to a solution ? It's too bad that unlike the developer tools in IE8, the developer tools in IE8 don't work similar.
  23. Sorry, I did some adjusting with margins, I got more the results I'm hoping for, thanks to everyone for helping

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.