Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CreativeSheep

Privileged
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CreativeSheep

  1. Everyone is quick to point out the negatives, never even the slightest of the positives, known fact with many facets of life.
  2. Thank you, I will definitely use YOAST and drop the rest.
  3. I understand, what if anything did you like about the site, regardless how small it is ? I didn't understand what you said here; I should design the site around how my blog looks ? It is related to the site, it's a blog with a different design, is that wrong ?
  4. I'm willing to start small, to gain some experience and knowledge, I know as of preset my web site needs to be redone, what then, more content, I get that. Even if everything is near or at excellence, I still need to get as I said, my finger nail or toe in the door to start building a reputation. I know it helps to have a good site, and work, it may only increase my chances, I suppose. I can only hope with some self-motivation I can get something, once I fix my present mistakes.
  5. I have SEO Rank, SEO Ultimate and SEO Smart Links, which of the three or two can I delete as WordPress plug-in ?
  6. What if anything, is there you like ? What about the name ?
  7. What would you change ? What would you do that would scream ready to work for you and create what you needed to be created ? What ideas do you have in mind, I want ideas as if this was you, selling yourself. What do you like that could be altered or elaborated on more ? I did design this web site, based on myself and my resolution. Which I didn't do on my blog, which in my opinion worked out very well, you may disagree, I got more positive on the blog design, then so far the web site design. Would you go with a liquid layout, or fixed layout, or center everything ?
  8. Good advice. What if on the first shot, they don't even talk to you, they just reply 'no'. There isn't many print shops within a 5 mile radius where I live, there are more clothing stores then print shops or general stores. I can accept rejection, it's where do I go to get either a thumbs up or thumbs down, I'm literally at a loss. I could travel further, then again most of their business would be conducted online, which means a online portfolio is priority. You can't learn unless you get a start with a paid job, I could design my portfolio for another year or two and continue to get no clients with income even if my work is very good. I do have a Job, it pays crap and the people I work with, don't really care about anything else but what is the Job at hand that needs to be done. I do associate with customers, most are old and don't really care, I have tried, with no success. I want to make the income, I'm willing to learn and improve my skill, what does it take to get my finger nail in the door with a first client, it seems impossible. We both know about people getting family to do a design job, and I see this all the time, I've even been told first hand they know someone who can do the Job within the family or a family friend. I'm not strictly relying on freelance, if I can land a job with a small studio or business, great, at this point I can't afford to limit myself, nor do I want to.
  9. That is helpful, reply. I can gain so much insight to your post.
  10. One thing is that there are alot of people who don't have a strong command of the English language.
  11. Good Advice. The only thing that I can say I do lack to a degree is probably my web site could use a revamp, despite just doing it and putting it online a few months ago and some more of what I can do, that is in the process. Alright, this won't be easy for me especially, I will begin slowly in the coming weeks.
  12. The site was optimized for 800 resolution, that was the only resolution I had to work on when creating the site. The blog is a combination of a blog and a bulletin board, not a bulletin board in the sense of a forum, a bulletin for updates and such, why I didn't write 'blog' for the menu header.
  13. Hi, I'm new to the forums, I have hit the ground running already made a few posts. I am a designer and visual effects / animator.
  14. I need some help promoting my skills and talents to begin making a profit, I feel like I keep trying and learning but can't begin to make some cash. I have zero contacts so I'm starting at ground zero, I know many people online are in the same place as me and want to make money via freelance, I'm willing to go the extra mile. What do I need to do to begin to attract clientèle ?
  15. Please review my web site here and my blog which is integrated, if you like as well. I'm open to comments, suggestions, and everything in between

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.