Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

andys

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by andys

  1. How is the text unreadable?
  2. Hey folks, I posted here a few weeks ago and got to really helpful advice on my site, since then I've made quite a few changes based on the feedback. http://www.simplerweb.co.uk The site is still in what I'd call the 'beta' phase, with more to add/change - but it's looking much more unified now. I've changed - The background, most of the headers, the navigation, some page structure, improved the contact page, improved and heavily modified the wordpress news page, removed unnecessary things etc. Feel free to be as harsh (or as nice ) as you like, I won't take offense at any criticisms of my design. - andy
  3. I'm in the process of updating the site as per the suggestion on this thread.
  4. Thanks for the replies guys, I'll have a think about what you've said.
  5. I was just going for an easy on the eyes 'earthy' colour. As for the leaping all over the page, I assume you mean the portfolio page where it jumps to the top of the gallery and the gallery slides down the loads the images? I think that adds to the usability, since it means people aren't halfway down an image when it loads.
  6. haha! Thanks, that's changed!
  7. Thanks for the feedback! We are a company, we're an operating division of another business, there's only 3 of us though, I mainly do the design stuff. Perhaps I should do a page about the team though. The rotating icons are of course circles on a square background, I'm pretty sure they're perfect circles though but transforms are weird, so I don't know why it does that! As for the navigation, I wanted it to be really simple, no obnoxious gradients or 'shiny' stuff, but at the same time making it obvious where you are.
  8. Hello good people! I've got into learning web design fairly recently (about 9 months?), after a few years working as a computer tech. Getting into something web related seemed like the logical step. Anyway, here's my new site - took me about two weeks, though it's still not completely 'finished', i'll be tweaking here and there. Simpler Web

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.