Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PhilStoz86

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PhilStoz86

  1. Hello, Please could some check this link: http://lsblackpool.com/. Note on Firefox, it looks how I intend it to. In every other browser, it's as though a number of the rules in the stylesheets just don't exist according to those browsers. Chrome, Safari, Opera, IE - all show incorrectly. I would be really grateful if someone could figure out why. Thank you.
  2. Hello, Please could some check this link: http://lsblackpool.com/. Note on Firefox, it looks how I intend it to. In every other browser, it's as though a number of the rules in the stylesheets just don't exist according to those browsers. Chrome, Safari, Opera, IE - all show incorrectly. I would be really grateful if someone could figure out why. Thank you.
  3. Really? I thought you had to use a template? (Thanks for you help )
  4. Yes, it is. I just like the freedom of coding from scratch. I'll have another think. Thanks though.
  5. I'd like to build my own website but have a link within it, to a WordPress blog. Forget anything to do with design here. The question is, by updating the WordPress blog page - would this be recognised by search engines as 'keeping the site updated?' Also, would it be okay having a sitemap for the WordPress page (and associated blog post pages) and another for the individual website pages? If not, what's the best way to approach this? Thank you.
  6. See this site: http://philstorey.co.uk/ In the source code, the 'alt' tag is blank for 99% of the images on the page - but I have definitely added the 'alt' tag wording to all images in the WordPress Media section on the backend. Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this?
  7. I already have a reset in place. It's quite odd isn't it - only in Firefox does this blank space appear. Does anyone else have any other suggestions?
  8. I wonder if someone can help me here. Please see this link, site being built: barbershopera.com/index.html When viewed in Firefox, there is a margin below the header (basically the gap between the grey border below the logo, and the nav) - this shouldn't be here. View the same page in Chrome to see what it should look like. Any comments much appreciated. Thanks.
  9. Thanks for these guys.
  10. Hi, I'm just wondering if someone could point me towards a good resource that would help me establish a solid web development process. A 'start to finish' - ie. client meeting, planning, design, development, testing, launch etc. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  11. Hi, I need a sitemap that automatically updates itself whenever I add a new page. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
  12. Thanks for the suggestions. I did use the FTP on DW yeah, liked how that was built in. I have FileZilla though too and that's very simple to use. I'll check out those suggestions. Thanks for your help.
  13. Might be in the wrong forum here but thought I'd try anyway. I'm sick of Dreamweaver crashing and Adobe's support being so unbelievably bad (they tried to charge me £30 just for some assistance last time I phoned them). So my question is, what do you all consider to be the best open source equivalent? All suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks.
  14. Thanks for you help. NoClass - is this the one you mean? http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/standalone-google-sitemap-generator.html
  15. Hi guys, This is a link to the sitemap: http://www.snapdesignstudio.com/sitemap.xml As you can see there are links for '_projects/projectname.php' But there should also be ones like '_blog-posts/blogpostname.php' I've done as NoClass suggested and searched Google for the actual pages and they are indexed. Jason - it was created with the Free Online Sitemap Generator (xml-sitemaps.com). Is this a bit of crap place to generate one?
  16. I'm a bit puzzled as to why my sitemap isn't updating, as when I created it, I asked for it to be updated weekly. I post blog posts regularly and not one of them has been recognized in the sitemap yet. What's the best course of action?
  17. I was about to post about the very same topic. My sitemap was setup from the beginning to update weekly because I post 2/3 blog posts per week so obviously I want Google to recognize this. However, it hasn't yet recognized even the first post (each post being a page in its own right), which was put live towards the end of January. Does anyone know why the sitemap might not have been updated? Would it be better to simply manually replace the current one with a new one? Thanks
  18. Thanks very much for this, I've contacted my host to see what they can do.
  19. Oops - pressed enter by mistake! Please see original comment above! I want to move an entire WordPress site from (for example) www.site1.com to www.site2.com
  20. Can anyone recommend the best plugin for transferring an entire site (database, files everything) from one domain to another? I want to build my
  21. Thank you all very much for your help. Really appreciate it.
  22. The website is for an estate agent. I have designed one for an estate agent before. So obviously it's primarily to show and search for the properties they have for sale. They have asked however, for a blog to be included. My thoughts being that I could design the site myself and link to a simple WordPress blog?
  23. Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I'm about to start work on a new site. I had initially considered doing it all on WordPress but I feel more comfortable designing it myself. However, my client would like a blog so my question is this: obviously I know I could link from the website to a wordpress blog (I assume installing wordpress in another directory within the same site structure would do the trick) but by doing so, would I still achieve the SEO benefits that a regularly updated blog brings? (ie. Because the blog itself is actually on WordPress, would the search engines recognize that the blog is linked to the main site?) It may seem a very trivial question but I'd just like some clarification. Thanks Phil.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.