Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

natholas

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by natholas

  1. i like 4 the most out of these ones
  2. what do you think of this redesign? https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-2rRkFZdnFP8/TXALY7CKs5I/AAAAAAAAAb8/gWhw05DdyG0/s1600/recolour1.jpg
  3. Thank you for your in depth critique notbanksy, there is allot of great ideas there. I am working right now to fix some of the things you have said. mainly: some of the slides on the home page, everything you have said about the boxes on the home page, the breadcrumbs and the news page background colour. I will take that as a complement as it is not a photograph but a 3D model that I made. But now that you got me thinking about it I think that I could choose some better images for most of these slides. I have also been thinking of a better way to show the websites that I have designed.. that plugin that I am using now is a bit of a mess.. not just the js but I am just leaving it there until I find a better way of showing off my web work. Let me know if you have any other ideas im loving all this critique I have been getting and it is really helping me to make my site better.
  4. ok I have changed some css to so that the active page manu item looks the same as the hover state (im using a sprite image for the menu)
  5. cool.. i really wish i could just get an injection or something to make me good at picking colours.. lol @mike good idea.. i will do what you suggested (highlight which page you are on)
  6. @Aleclsh hehe thanks.. ye spelling has never been my strong point.. I will fix those errors and be more careful in the future..
  7. @matt thanks dude. I have never used that site before.. ill give it a try, thanks.
  8. just try it out it cant hurt to try
  9. I like the last design you posted.. one thing that I think is that the menu needs to pop a tiny bit more.. maybe make the font 1 or 2 pt bigger or something.. also have you thought about their hover state? one final thing is i would make the gradient that is going around the white area a bit sharper. hope it helps
  10. sandbox is one that I have used quite a bit.. its quite good.
  11. It looks quite nice.. the only question i have is why is it the green website company? theres nothing that says that you use less CO2 to build a website or anything like that
  12. Thanks jheg, it should look the same on an Iphone.. ye colour is really my area of weakness.. lol it can be so hard to get a good looking colour scheme and then put it in the right places in a design..
  13. your site looks quite good, there are a few things that I would think about though. It looks a bit cluttered, especially the free delivery thing on the right looks a bit out of place. I would get rid of the text or reduce it to one or two sentences and then make it bigger and change the font Is the title "most popular" necessary? The phrase "share us on:" doesnt really make sense.. maybe just get rid of the text or change it to something that makes more sense. also +1 on what seedism said I hope that this helped.
  14. Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum (except in the introductions forum) I would like to see if any of you can give me any advice on my portfolio.. I am about to complete a 6 month full time course studying web design here in England and as part of the school we needed to create our portfolio, as I do 3D animation as well I put the two together into one site.. it is nathanfelix.com (sorry cant post links until i get 25 posts.. lol) Any advice is very welcome
  15. Hi guys, my name is Nathan. I have been looking for a good forum to discuss web design as I am in a school now so I can get critique here but in a few weeks I wont be anymore and I like getting peoples opinion on my work. I hope to be online here quite a bit giving you guys my thoughts about your designs and try to help with any coding issues (I am starting to get quite good at CSS) and I hope that you will do the same for me. I hope someone is actually reading this.. lol

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.