Everything posted by ffmedia
-
Homepage for critique please
Thanks. Improving the image slider content and finding a better (warmer) colour scheme are next up on the to do list when I get some time.
-
tomcash.co.uk
Agree with the above, your friend (I presume) is obviously a talented illustrator so adding more of these unique touches to the site would be good. Only possible criticism I would have is that the white text may be a little hard to read against the light blue background but that's probably just my eyes as no one else has picked up on it.
-
Homepage for critique please
Thanks cib. I've added some stitching to the top navigation as well now. I'm using the jquery coin slider, as far as I know it only allows basic html images to be used but I may be wrong. If it does I might look for a different way to rotate the images that allows html. I'll get on with improving the clarity of the headers and tweaking the sidebar tomorrow. Thanks for the help
-
Homepage for critique please
"as well as a calle to action / button to lead them further into the site" Do you mean to include this button on the first image of the rotating banner? I'm not sure how to do this using the jquery slider but I will look into it. Also what do you mean when you the homepage headers need to stand out more? The main header with the navigation and logo? I've made a couple of changes to the sidebar padding and redone the top and bottom stitching. (Not a great improvement but I've got rid of any white that was there, I think I need to work on getting the drop shadow a little more realistic) Thanks
-
Homepage for critique please
Thanks for all the responses, I'll get on with making some improvements tomorrow. RA; I like the colour scheme but agree it could be a bit cold. I might see what it looks like with some orange touches. cib; the url is just one that I have registered for uploading various bits, I'm still not 100% sure about the name myconic prints so I haven't registered a domain name. I'm far from a pro on photoshop but I should be able to get them better, I was trying out a few different effects with stitching and painting on canvas so I will improve the graphics now I've decided which way to go. I plan to add more info to the rotating banners as well; do you think the first image should be the company logo etc rather than the same as the rest of the banner image types? Thanks for the search box info, I'm still not sure whether it's really required as the site is only relatively small.
-
Homepage for critique please
Hi, I'm attempting to make a site for myself for a small company selling custom canvas artwork. This will be my third site (all using dreamweaver) so I'm still not far along the learning curve. It's only 1 page so far My last site was far too image heavy (most of the page was a sliced up psd) so I have tried to use more CSS with this one although there are probably still too many images. It is very much a work in progress - looking at it now I think I probably need to work on making the top navigation a bit clearer, improving the logo, adding more content to the images on the slider and some general neatening up with regards font choices and colours. I'm looking for any constructive criticism to help improve the look and usability of the site. What bits work and what bits don't? myconic prints Thanks
-
Text properties when using templates
Thanks Wickham
-
Text properties when using templates
I've created a site using Dreamweaver and have based all pages on a .dwt template so they can be updated. The template has one editable region that I'd like to have different text properties for each page. I have used the general h1, h2 classes for headings etc, but would like to have different alignments and spacing for the main text. Is it best to rename the editable region to be specific to each page (main_index) then make a CSS rule for that div? Thanks
-
Scrolling bg, static footer with transparency
Yeh sorry I should have expanded a bit; I used Firebug and had a look through the html and css but can't seem to get the same effect when I try and recode it myself. The footer div is like this: #fairway { width: 100%; height: 248px; margin: 0px auto; background-image: url(file:///...footer.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 50% 50%; position: fixed; bottom: 0px; It's the scrolling background 'overlapping' the footer so it goes behind the transparent portion that I can't get my head around.
-
Scrolling bg, static footer with transparency
Can anyone help me with the CSS needed to make a sticky footer with transparency? The effect I'm after is shown here, the main bg image scrolls down behind the footer image which uses transparency. Thanks
-
Best design contests
Has anyone on here had much success with online design contests? I've been keeping an eye on several sites and feel they are a good oppurtunity to improve my design skills with the outside chance of earning a few beer tokens. Some offer more money but have 100+ entrants, I'd be happier going for those with smaller prizes, fewer entrants and a slightly better chance of winning. Are there any to avoid (i.e. don't pay up) and any that come reccommended? [i'm not sure if this is in the correct forum but feel free to move it]
-
Feedback on my first page without design view
I've used a combination of photoshop slicing and css (and a jquery slider) to make this page, I've tried to hand code (mostly) and steer clear of the design view in dreamweaver. adbin direct Any suggestions for changes/improvements before I start adding the content would be appreciated. This is just an attempt for a friend but I would like to aim for a level where I could potentially charge a small amount for work so please be critical. (I know the logo and choice of typography need improving) Thanks
-
Another free attempt
Thanks for the constructive criticism I take your point though, it was late last night and looking at them now they really are pretty poor. They are only first drafts and I was wondering if any were worth pursuing but your response has answered that. I've been looking through LogoPond and can see that letter play/word play are only used rerely and only when suitable, think I was trying to force it on this one. Back to the drawing board....
-
Another free attempt
any thoughts one these? It's for a friend selling wall mounted bins/ashtrays with advertising space. I'm not great in choosing typography and know I need to find some better fonts to use
-
Enthused - Logo Design Process - Tutorial / Inspiration
Everyone needs friends like this!
-
Completed a new design for myself
Very nice, agreed about the introcudtory paragraph to start. Perhaps move the 'about me' paragraph higher in the page. Also increase the line height as it is chopping off some of the loops of the 'g's in your text. Good work though
-
First Mockup on PS
Sorry if I'm being stupid but I couldn't find much documentation on their site, I think I've done the steps you mentioned and it's looking much better. The only problem now is formatting the buttons, I can't work out where this is done (in the css file i presume?).I want to make some images for them and position them, at the moment I only get a randomly placed 'next' button attempt #2 Thanks
-
First Mockup on PS
I had a read through last night but it was pretty late so I probably missed a couple of bits. I'll have a better look sometime over the weekend and hopefully come back with someething better on Monday. Cheers for the help I will do, I've just left the main text area alone for now and concentrated on other areas. I will look to simplify the text (use a standard font) and break it up a bit once I have the content to add. Someone mentioned about a gradient overlay on the text box, I tried it and like the look but it makes some of the text a little harder to read. I might try it again with a softer gradient
-
First Mockup on PS
I've tried a basic page with the sldier but am having a few problems. Slider test page 1. The slider is in the correct position but is only about 10px tall - I can't find any settings that relate to this (the slider container div is set to 300px height). 2. The previous and next buttons - I can't work out how to apply CSS to these, I'd like to reposition them and give them new images instead of the text. 3. The slider starts off centered as the correct width, but when it slides to the left it goes over the edge of the 696px wide slider container so is too wide and no longer centered. Thanks
-
First Mockup on PS
triple
-
First Mockup on PS
double post
-
First Mockup on PS
I tried using this slider last night but couldn't get it to work. I had no jquery knowledge before last night so I'm working from the very basics up. I downloaded the files from the site, installed the jquery.js and easyslider.js into my root directory (where index.html is saved) then put the images and css into the relevant folders. I then added this code into the head section <script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function(){ $("#slider").easySlider({ auto: true, continuous: true }); });</script>
-
First Mockup on PS
Cheers Marc - although it doesn't look like it, your site was one of the main inspirations. Now get on and make your next design concept....I eagerly await them each week!
-
First Mockup on PS
Thanks. The logo isn't quite finalised yet but I got sidetracked wanting to try and make a mockup. I still can't decide on what orange to go with (i'm far too indecisive for this!).
-
First Mockup on PS
Thanks, the main text was only an alternative to lorem ipsum for test purposes but I guess one without the expletives would be better! I haven't done much work on the photos/frames yet as I'm going to look into jquery and try and use a suitable jquery slider.