Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

lozenges

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by lozenges

  1. For meetings I usually take my MacBook Pro but it's starting to become an hassle lugging it around and the battery only lasts around an hour these days. I'm thinking do I keep the MacBook and change the battery or get an iPad Pro 12.9inch? The computer is usually used to show websites and designs, not much more during a meeting for the computer. What do you guys use during a meeting? What would you do in my position?
  2. OK so I was getting the header already sent error: Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/index.php:22) in /home/public_html/index.php on line 2218 I turned on output_buffering in the php.ini file and now the error does not show, and it redirects to the new page, however the email the script is supposed to send doesn't come through. Any ideas why this would be? The server does support php mail as I have tested this to make sure. The PHP code is below I am still learning php so please excuse me if there are things that aren't done correctly. I have highlighted line 22 and 2218 if this helps at all... <?php $is_questions_filled = true; $is_details_filled = true; $does_duplicate_answers_exist = false; $is_least_most_selected = true; $error_message= ''; $duplicate_answer_sections = array(); $least_most_not_selected_sections = array(); $all_answers_not_selected_sections = array(); $total_sections = 25; $total_red = 0; $total_blue = 0; $total_yellow = 0; $total_green = 0; $dom = new DOMDocument(); ?> <?php function check_least_most_selection($selection1, $selection2, $selection3, $selection4) { $least_selected = false; $most_selected = false; if($selection1 == 0) { $least_selected = true; } elseif($selection1 == 6) { $most_selected = true; } if($selection2 == 0) { $least_selected = true; } elseif($selection2 == 6) { $most_selected = true; } if($selection3 == 0) { $least_selected = true; } elseif ($selection3 == 6) { $most_selected = true; } if($selection4 == 0) { $least_selected = true; } elseif ($selection4 == 6) { $most_selected = true; } if($most_selected == true && $least_selected == true) { return true; } else { return false; } } ?> <?php if(isset($_POST["Submit"])) { if($_POST["name"] == '' || $_POST["email"] == '') { $is_details_filled = false; } for ($x = 1; $x <= $total_sections; $x++) { $values = array($_POST["red_question_section".$x], $_POST["green_question_section".$x], $_POST["blue_question_section".$x], $_POST["yellow_question_section".$x]); if (count($values) !== count(array_unique($values))) { if(isset($_POST["red_question_section".$x]) && isset($_POST["green_question_section".$x]) && isset($_POST["blue_question_section".$x]) && isset($_POST["yellow_question_section".$x])) { $does_duplicate_answers_exist = true; $duplicate_answer_sections[$x] = true; ?> <script> var count = "<?php Print($x); ?>"; var id = "duplicate_answer_sections_".concat(count); console.log(id); document.getElementById(id).setAttribute("style", "null"); </script> <?php } } if((check_least_most_selection($_POST["red_question_section".$x], $_POST["green_question_section".$x], $_POST["blue_question_section".$x], $_POST["yellow_question_section".$x])) == false) { if(isset($_POST["red_question_section".$x]) && isset($_POST["green_question_section".$x]) && isset($_POST["blue_question_section".$x]) && isset($_POST["yellow_question_section".$x])) { $is_least_most_selected = false; $least_most_not_selected_sections[$x] = $x; ?> <script> var count = "<?php Print($x); ?>"; var id = "least_most_not_selected_sections_".concat(count); console.log(id); document.getElementById(id).setAttribute("style", "null"); </script> <?php } } if(!isset($_POST["red_question_section".$x])) { $is_questions_filled = false; ?> <script> var count = "<?php Print($x); ?>"; var id = "red_question".concat(count); document.getElementById(id).setAttribute("bgcolor", "red"); document.getElementById(id).style.color = "#fff"; var id = "all_answers_not_selected_sections_".concat(count); document.getElementById(id).setAttribute("style", "null"); </script> <?php } if(!isset($_POST["yellow_question_section".$x])) { $is_questions_filled = false; ?> <script> var count = "<?php Print($x); ?>"; var id = "yellow_question".concat(count); document.getElementById(id).setAttribute("bgcolor", "red"); document.getElementById(id).style.color = "#fff"; var id = "all_answers_not_selected_sections_".concat(count); document.getElementById(id).setAttribute("style", "null"); </script> <?php } if(!isset($_POST["blue_question_section".$x])) { $is_questions_filled = false; ?> <script> var count = "<?php Print($x); ?>"; var id = "blue_question".concat(count); document.getElementById(id).setAttribute("bgcolor", "red"); document.getElementById(id).style.color = "#fff"; var id = "all_answers_not_selected_sections_".concat(count); document.getElementById(id).setAttribute("style", "null"); </script> <?php } if(!isset($_POST["green_question_section".$x])) { $is_questions_filled = false; ?> <script> var count = "<?php Print($x); ?>"; var id = "green_question".concat(count); document.getElementById(id).setAttribute("bgcolor", "red"); document.getElementById(id).style.color = "#fff"; var id = "all_answers_not_selected_sections_".concat(count); document.getElementById(id).setAttribute("style", "null"); </script> <?php } } if ($is_details_filled == false) { ?> <script> document.getElementById("error_notice").setAttribute("style", "null"); </script> <?php } if ($is_questions_filled == false) { ?> <script> document.getElementById("answers_not_filled_notice").setAttribute("style", "null"); </script> <?php } if ($does_duplicate_answers_exist == true) { ?> <script> document.getElementById("duplicate_answer_notice").setAttribute("style", "null"); </script> <?php } if ($is_least_most_selected == false) { ?> <script> document.getElementById("least_most_selected_notice").setAttribute("style", "null"); </script> <?php } if($does_duplicate_answers_exist == false && $is_details_filled == true && $is_questions_filled == true && $is_least_most_selected == true) { foreach($_POST as $key => $value) { if (strpos($key, 'red_question_section') === 0) { $total_red += $value; } if (strpos($key, 'blue_question_section') === 0) { $total_blue += $value; } if (strpos($key, 'yellow_question_section') === 0) { $total_yellow += $value; } if (strpos($key, 'green_question_section') === 0) { $total_green += $value; } } $total_red = round((($total_red/150)*100), 2); $total_green = round((($total_green/150)*100), 2); $total_yellow = round((($total_yellow/150)*100), 2); $total_blue = round((($total_blue/150)*100), 2); $to_email_address = "help@domain.co.uk"; $email_message = "name:".$_POST['name']."\n" ."email:".$_POST['email']."\n" ."Red = ".$total_red."%\n" ."Blue = ".$total_blue."%\n" ."Yellow = ".$total_yellow."%\n" ."Green = ".$total_green."%\n" ; $email_subject = "Preference Evaluator Submission"; $email_headers = 'From: info@domain.co.uk'; mail($to_email_address, $email_subject, $email_message, $email_headers); header('Location: success.php'); } } ?>
  3. Over the last 3 months I've been having a nightmare with my current hosting provider, and as I write this the server is completly down. All websites, emails etc! I've decided to bite the bullet and find a different provider. I have around 80 wordpress sites all with their own cpanel. I could move some together and share one cpanel if it made things cheaper. Looking at price and customer feedback Hostpreto seem to be doing very well, has anyone used them? and are they as good as their reviews? Reseller prices https://hostpresto.com/reseller-hosting/ TrustPilot reviews https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/hostpresto.com
  4. I'm after some help and recommendations please. I currently have a hosting reseller account as well as a domain reseller account. I have about 80 or so domains listed here and about 85 hosting accounts as it stands. Can you guys please recommend a company that could take over this as I'm on the hunt for a new provider. If I was to transfer to another company I'm guessing each clients email set-up would need to change as well as changing each of the domains name servers? It's the first time I've had to change my reseller supplier so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  5. or could someone replicate this for me, and if so how much?
  6. I'm looking for the best way to replicate this option system that gives a quote at the end. I've looked and can't seem to find a suitable plugin or solution to this. Has anyone came across anything similar to this? What I'd like to replicate
  7. Thanks dude, I'll take a look at this.
  8. Thanks but the foundation of the site is built with WP and I'm stuck with this CMS. Thanks though.
  9. Hi, I'm looking at trying to replicate what this website has done with how they sell tickets for their event and I am wondering if they are using an event plugin that integrates with Stripe payment gateway? I've given the website a scan on a few 'what wordpress plugin/theme' is that but hasn't really chucked anything at me. Could it be a bespoke theme with the code integrated within? If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks.
  10. I'm looking at buying a thermal printer that can connect to Googles cloud print. Can anyone recommend a product at a reasonable price?
  11. Wynn you legend, that worked a treat. I didn't know I could use that for opacity! Will do more research into this now! thank you.
  12. I'm working on a site that has the main body of the site with an opacity of 0.8. The problem I'm having is the video embedded into this is also taking on this style. This means the background image can be seen through the video. I can't for the life of me work out how to override this or another way around it to stop the video inheriting the style. The page can be seen here http://bit.ly/1z08fhL Any ideas?
  13. I've been told that the messages are not coming from the mail server and instead they are trying to just make it look like they are. Yes as far as I am aware.
  14. Is there anyway to stop these clowns and receiving their spam?
  15. I have put up with this for a while now but I need to sort it. I get around 10-20 emails a day from mailer-daemon or Mail Delivery System that is just pure spam. I'm not the only person getting this and a client just recently asked about this. Both accounts are hosted on a web server and not with Google or the likes. What is the best way to stop these? through cPanel? if so how? or do you guys know of a better way? I appreciate your help with this. Below is just one example of the emails I receive...
  16. uhh not too sure, it may be because they are using gmail to access their emails. I'll give it a change and see what happens.
  17. Thanks BrowserBugs, so what needs to be changed in order to get the www. working as well as the http.domain.com? Cheers
  18. Its not actually for my own website, it would be for this one... http://bit.ly/1wq1svU
  19. Hi guys, I have a website that when you visit http://domain.com it works but when you use www.domain.com it produces a Google error... 404. That’s an error. The requested URL / was not found on this server. That’s all we know. Its a wordpress website and the .htaccess looks like this... # BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress Any ideas what's going on? Wordpress is installed in public_html and not a sub-directory.
  20. Do you guys think it would be better to give them a call or put it in writing and show them what I can do?
  21. This is true, I'm looking at trying to target the people who pay on a monthly basis and convert them to a one off payment saving them money. The idea being that an old man would want to save money in the long run, who wouldn't right.
  22. Ah really, I didn't know I could get told off for something like this, think I'll forget about that one then. The next plan was exactly this, to target local businesses with poor websites and help them that way. Thanks for your advice.
  23. I am looking at getting in contact with a few local companies that have had their website built with the poor efforts of Hibu and get them on board for a proper website tailored to their needs. My question is this, are there any methods or tools out there to easily find a website like this? I don't really want to be trailing through every website on Yell.com to see if the credit points to Hibu or not.
  24. I am looking at getting in contact with a few local companies that have had their website built with the poor efforts of Hibu and get them on board for a proper website tailored to their needs. My question is this, are there any methods or tools out there to easily find a website like this? I don't really want to be trailing through every website on Yell.com to see if the credit points to Hibu or not.
  25. You kind of backed up my notes I already had, so I feel confident in putting my thoughts across when I meet them. It's always good to get someone else's opinion, especially when they are on the same wave length of moi.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.