Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carlos1978

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Carlos1978

  1. Thanks for the positive feedback - feel great now!!! :-) check out wix, they clearly just market themselves very well. To somebody who doesn't understand the negatives of using flash, then you might be able to see why it's easy to get drawn into their very stylish templates for whipping up a quick site..
  2. I do appreciate that by simply adding keywords to the title tag and meta data does hardly anything, I was just asking whether Google can index flash sites as this is not an area I'm familiar with..
  3. Hiya Group, I've recently built a site for my wife through Wix which is a flash website. Can you guys confirm whether Google can index and see a flash site, as the site doesn't seem to be appearing for any of the keywords I've included in the title tags and meta. the website is My website. Cheers Carl
  4. Hi Group, I'm trying to get my head around goals and funnels and how they work. I'm reading the descriptions on Google and it's sort of making sense - can someone please explain the difference and what they actually acheive by setting them up. Is it a case of seeing where your customers are going on the pages and where they exit? Please clarify please people. Cheers Carl
  5. Hi Group, I've just run a woorank report on a website that I'm working on it's flagged an issue on the domain name.. I can get to the webpage without putting the www in the search. Is it right that Google see's this as two seperate pages and as such can effect the rank? How do I rectify this issue? Cheers Carl
  6. Hi Group.. So I keep hearing about one of the key things to increase the ranking of a site is high quality relevant links to your site. I'm want to get me head around how you go about doing this. How do you actually get a link from another site to yours? are we talking blogs? or are we talking about contacting the website owner of a site and saying please?? Can you clarify? Cheers Carl
  7. Cheers folks - some great advice !! Carl
  8. Hi Group, How do I find out the PR of my website? Also I've been told that typing Link:...url into google with give me an indication of the sites that are linking to my site.... Does this actually work? Cheers Carl
  9. Really appreciate your help guys... Can you point me in the direction of a good SEO guide or checklist? Cheers Carl
  10. Hi, I'm wondering whether optimising every page on a website needs to be done? I read something recently that said you only need to optimise your index page? is this the case? Is it still the case that link building back to your site is the main consideration when trying to build google page rank? Cheers Carl
  11. Hi Folks, I need a good wordpress tutorial and need some help finding one. I've looked on Wordpress.tv and .org but it all seems a bit all over the place in terms of the order. I know how to install themes and just want to start working out how to amend the themes to get them looking how I want... Can someone point me in the right direction for a good, clear easy to understand tutorial. Thanks Carl
  12. Cheers chaps.... appreciate the help... I'll give that a go! All the best Carl
  13. Hi All... Having a little annoying problem with a site that a built a couple of years ago.... Since using IE8 I've noticed that the horizontal rule at the bottom on the page is a lot thicker in IE8 .. When previewed in earlier IE and FF it's nice and thin... Can you help?? Stonecroft House Cheers Carl
  14. Yes it's a nice office... and yes you're right.... it's freezing... I'm even cold today!!!
  15. Hi Bluedreamer - ha ha... I do strongly agree with your comments.. This site was created prior to me joining the company, but yes you are right... it doesn't read great at all. We'll address this and see what happens!! Cheers Carl
  16. Hiya all - sorry if I'm not making sense here... If you input the url for powercube into the Google keyword tool https://adwords.google.co.uk/o/Targeting/Explorer?__u=1000000000&__c=1000000000&stylePrefOverride=2#search.none!ideaType=KEYWORD&requestType=IDEAS The keywords ideas that it generates are nothing to do with what Powercube provide... the keywords that it generates are all related to the services that the web design company provide... it concerns me slightly as surely this is what Google is seeing a relevant keywords... ??? The web agency are saying that they don't know the anwser as it has baffled them...
  17. Hi All, I can't suss this out so I thought I'd post it on here to get expert advice ... The company I work for recently had a site built for them by a web design agency... The site was built on Wordpress and here is the link Powercube I was going through some SEO bits on the site last week and punched in the url into the Google keyword tool..... The strange part is that all of the keywords that Google sees relate to services that the web design company provide.... I've looked at the site and can't work out why the keywords that are being recognised don't relate to the services that we provide... Any advice would be greatly appreciated so that I can push back on the web design company. Cheers Carl
  18. Cheers folk - appreciate the feedback... I'll take it all on board Nice to hear some positive feedback from you more experienced folk..!!! Cheers Carl
  19. Cheers for that... I'll get reading!
  20. Great cheers for that.... so Jquery then... is this just a line of code similar to html or css? Just trying to understand how you actually get it to work practically on a site? Cheers Carl
  21. Hi All.... Just need 3 banner images that rotate to be honest... Is this Jquery? Cheers Carl
  22. Hi Folks, Please excuse my silly question.... You think I'd know the anwser to this by now after learning cdd and html for nearly 2 years.. How do you make a banner on a site change images - is this flash? and is it complicated to perform... hope my question makes sense... Cheers Carl
  23. Hi All, Would you mind taking a look at my new site and giving me your initial thoughts on the look and feel of the site... still got a couple of more things to do around the SEO side. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Carl My link

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.