Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

andylyon87

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by andylyon87

  1. Ok well I would really recommend spending a little on a book: The book This is one of the best series of books I have come across that takes you from a complete novice to competent. this is then where you will be able to use the stuff you find on the web. If you do want to do stuff that is on the net then there are loads of places you can go, the W3C site shown in the post above is one of the better ones. I know that money is usually against you on starting so a cheaper alternative is Paintshop Pro, however if you can get your hands on a copy of Photoshop then it is well worth it!
  2. I can see what you are doing here, but I feel you are really jumping the gun..... and then some. Being a good designer and developer you need to work at it. I am not being nasty but you do need to work at it before you start charging for your websites. Firstly learn how to hard-code HTML and CSS cleanly (not in dreamweaver). Once you have this under your belt you can make nice simple websites that will work well. Learn about W3C standards, which doesn't take long really. Once you have designed a few more sites you will start to make more professionally coded websites. The next step is to look at the styling, this is gonna be something that takes more time. Before you start selling your designs and websites you need to make a lot of mistakes, learn from them, and move forward. I had been writing HTML for 2 years and then started using HTML and CSS for a year and then once I was 16 I started on PHP and then from there I learned more and more. It is literally only in the last 2 years that my designs have improved. Like I say practise makes perfect, its really just down to you learning how to do it. I find offering your services for free to start with might help, then from that you can learn.
  3. I like the website and I do like the fact that all the information is there and I don't have to search for it. I do have to agree with smoothonline though it does appear on the face of it like a writers page to some extent. Also one other thing I would remove the word online from the header. The other information is great though concise and to the point, no fluff! Be very careful with sound on the web, there is nothing worse than going on a website while you're blasting your favorite track and you have some weird bubbly quirky sound loop playing and you can't turn it off! I have left many websites for this reason in the past.
  4. I like the idea, however if it were me I might change the foreground to a more cream colour. I would also give a similar effect to the content window (torn paper edges or something) would mean it fit with the background. I could be wrong but its always worth a go.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.