Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TopShopper

Privileged
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TopShopper

  1. Thanks kdev, Plenty to think about there. I will not do much now until the site is completely redesigned using the tips and hints from this thread. Thanks King Sidhearth, I lightened non-activated links a bit and added gradient to the background but, as above, will not do much more until the complete redesign.
  2. Whenever your message headers do not work, simply try using the fifth parameter: Whenever your message headers do not work, simply try using the fifth parameter: <?php mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers, "-femail.address@example.com"); ?>
  3. Try adding some headers: <?php $to = 'nobody@example.com'; $subject = 'the subject'; $message = 'hello'; $headers = 'From: webmaster@example.com' . "\r\n" . 'Reply-To: webmaster@example.com' . "\r\n" . 'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion(); mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers); ?> This is taken from PHP Manual
  4. This won't stop it working but: Name: ".$first_name_contact." ".surname_contact." should be Name: ".$first_name_contact." ".$surname_contact."
  5. Hi and welcome to the forum.
  6. Hi sunwukung, Thanks for all the info. Obviously not just a few tweeks here and there then I was hoping to have a few weeks relaxing at my retreat in Marbella in April, but it looks as if I am going to be very busy. I know you are right but actually putting it into practice is going to be harder. Get back to you all when I have redone the site.
  7. Thanks Ocular Harmony for the feedback. The shopplugin reference will certainly be helpful. Yes, will have to get some gradients in and work on the navigation. Need to read carefully all the information presented so far and make some decisions. Thanks again folks.
  8. I think you need to think carefully about your possible clientel. I am expecting web designers in the main to view my site. So, although I try to take users using ie7 and ie6 into account, I am not too bothered because I think that those who would be interested in my site would have already upgraded to ie8 or will be using firefox etc. If you expect people from government departments or councils to be looking, then you should certainly design for ie6.
  9. It is a cheap (value) product but 'does what it says on the tin'. Not sure how people get the impression that I am trying to rip them off. There is free installation, 30 day free trial and 30 day money back guarantee. If a web designer needs more time to integrate then I usually extend the free trial (until I think they are taking advantage). They don't part with any money until they are satisfied with the product. This ensures that clients never needs to ask for their money back.
  10. Would you use Google Analytics or is there a better one. I must admit pictures leave me cold. I prefer a lot of words.
  11. Hi and welcome.
  12. Hi and welcome Paul.
  13. Hi Smiffy, Welcome to the forum.
  14. Hi cibgraphics, The trouble with my site is that is has grown organically over many years and what it really needs is a completely new design. However, I am not a designer which is evident I know. You have given me plenty to think about and I will now try and digest it. Thanks for the very useful information. It is true that I have not many resources at my disposal. I now understand that you have a Mac which is why I can't see the 'hover problem' - not sure how to fix that. Thank you again.
  15. Well cibgraphics, that is surely a big list to work through. Some clarification please. 1. Thanks for the aptana link. I suppose you are suggesting that the home page should be more of a 'splash' page and more of an introduction only - the main information going on a separate 'product page'. 2. Navigation, text, hover IE8 and Firefox, Safari, and Chrome activate anywhere on the box and not just the text - which browser are you using? 3. So how do you make a website look trustworthy. Is there a particular secret? 4. the cost is on the third line and circled in red. Is that not enough? Thanks again for your comments.
  16. I understand that you do not have any stock yourself but simply want the commision from Amazon. Is that right?
  17. Are you going to have a contact form?
  18. Have you seen the The Checkout by Amazon Shopping Cart Seems to be what you want.
  19. Thanks for the replies. very positive so far but don't be afraid to criticize.
  20. A few weeks ago I asked you to review my site. It was slated. I have took the comments on board and am now ready for a second opinion. What do you think? http://www.topshopper.net Thank you for any comments.
  21. I am not a web designer but even I can see that there is no structure to the pages. No real headings no focus. Sorry.
  22. It's getting confused by the comma Try this str=Replace(str,chr(44),"") Note chr(44) is a comma.
  23. Hi Damion, Welcome to the forum.
  24. Also, comment out the capture statements and see what happens. /* if (strlen( $my_recaptcha_private_key )) { require_once( 'recaptchalib.php' ); $resp = recaptcha_check_answer ( $my_recaptcha_private_key, $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'], $_POST['recaptcha_challenge_field'], $_POST['recaptcha_response_field'] ); if (!$resp->is_valid) { header( "Location: $errorurl" ); exit ; } } */

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.