Everything posted by TomCash
-
Image slider contents into lightbox
It's funny you should mention this... I litteraly did this for a client yesterday! Integration should be no problem if you already know how to use the framework. Good luck!
-
tomcash.co.uk
I really appreciate good, honest critism, thank you. (+1 rep)
-
tomcash.co.uk
Okay... I'll bare this in mind and monitor its CTR. Done! Thanks for the input!
-
tomcash.co.uk
Bump! Anyone?
-
Multiple Domain Names - Best SEO Strategy
Those sort've URLs look a bit spam like in my opinion... But let's say you go with that. I'd recommend having the content at the best URL based on your research on search terms. If you're not doing this already, I recommend Googles keyword research tool. Then I'd recommend 301s to that URL from the others. If you do host duplicate content on all the domains you risk becoming black listed by Google. You'll also be diluting your page rank across the several domains...
-
tomcash.co.uk
Right! I've taken all comments into consideration and made a LOT of changes (some based on comments, some not): - The background is now 60% opacity (making it darker) -- As a result, text is no longer bold. - The blog URLS are a little more SEO friendly thanks to our beloved friend, mod_rewrite - Added a follow button on the blog - Added a subscribe button on the blog and finally got a FeedBurner account - Made the blog archive a little more obvious - Structured the blog archive in a more readable way - Made the buttons have an effect on hover - Redesigned the ad spaces as divs, rather than images - Added text shadow to the blog titles so they replicate all the others. Hid the validation link on these pages too as it is now classed as invalid according to W3C?! And a few other little bits n' bobs... Thoughts, anyone? Also - there's two FREE 6 month ad spots open as a little loss-leader to encourage advertisement on my site...
-
Magazine subscriptions
I'd have to agree. Even though I think they're good, I do tend to already know alot from blogs. They can't stay as current as Mashable, Slashdot and other nerdy resources as they're monthly... When I was at uni my programming lecturer always used to say "never buy books because everything you need to know can be found using a little site called "Google"." In my defence - work pay for two of my subscriptions. (even though I used to buy them before anyways...)
-
tomcash.co.uk
Thanks for that, lol... Now I'm home I am gonna play with the opacity a bit more. Again, thanks for the help so far guys!!
-
tomcash.co.uk
The general consensus so far is between 40 and 60 here too... +2 rep for being so damn helpful. Cheers mate.
-
tomcash.co.uk
Again, sorry for the double post... Here are some samples of faded backgrounds for the text: What's everyone's thoughts? I certainly prefer it to the blue text idea! Can't believe I didn't think of this myself, haha. Thoughts, anyone?
-
tomcash.co.uk
Cheers Samini! Thanks for such a comprehensive reply. Really appreciate that. I may try making it darker, as you say. Sounds like a good idea! Anymore feedback regarding white text VS blue text?
-
tomcash.co.uk
Thanks very much Anyone have any thoughts on that text colour mentioned above?
-
Magazine subscriptions
I'm subscribed to .net, web design magazine and computer weekly. All worth every penny, in my opinion.
-
tomcash.co.uk
Sorry for the double post... What does everyone think of this, in regards to header/text colour combination: I feel that the headers need to stay white and choosing a colour for paragraphs to compliment (and not over power) them is hard... This is my best idea so far. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
-
Feedback about a website welcomed
Your design and website structure is really neat and very suited to its purpose, making it super easy to use. The way your categories are associated with colours is also pretty neat and you've made a good choice on colours in my opinion. A suggestion here would be to change the colour of the website depending on what are you're in. It's just a cool idea, nothing essential. Another suggestion I have is to maybe spice up your forms a bit. There seems to be no set style. For example, the forms here and here are different. Finally, your SEO seems pretty bang on mate! My only suggestion here would be to add the word news and/or articles to your sections. For example, rather than "gadgets" have "gadgets | news and articles". Those are my thoughts... It's a good website and my suggestions are completely subjective - there's nothing I've recommended that is essential. You've pretty much got it on the money in my opinion.
-
tomcash.co.uk
Ahhh, cheers Rob. Of course I can.
-
tomcash.co.uk
Thanks guys! One word: Grain. In its early stages there wasn't a grain and it was very cold, as you say. I added a soft grain and played with the intensity and contrast. It took me a few weeks before I settled on something. It was kind've an accident but just stuck. Thanks mate. Not exactly sure what you mean though... ?? Loving the positive feedback folks... Keep it coming! Also very open to any constructive critism, don't forget! Again, thanks peeps...
-
Dribbble Account Charity Case
That'd be great mate! That'd be ace Ant. If I get an account, I'll shoot you three an invite.
-
Dribbble Account Charity Case
Hey folks, As you you probably know, Dribbble is an up and coming website for designers. It looks like a really good community to be a part of and was wondering if anyone would care to spare me an invite? I would be SEEWWWWWWWWWW greatful! Tom.
-
tomcash.co.uk
Thanks guys! I agree! I was going to mention this in my first post but I didn't want to influence anyone. I also don't like that it's bold. I think I need to find two colours, one for headings and one for text that contrasts the background well and don't overpower headings... Open to ideas!
-
GREAT SEO TOOL - Screaming Frog
It sounds awesome but is it safe?
-
tomcash.co.uk
Hey folks, I've recently spent a little time re-designing my personal website, http://www.tomcash.co.uk'>http://www.tomcash.co.uk One of my clients is children's illustrator and she did me some bespoke work. I literally only released it last night and it still needs work here and there... I've not even sitemapped it yet! (slap my wrists! haha)... Any thoughts, feedback and (constructive) criticism is very welcome! As I said... http://www.tomcash.co.uk Thanks, Tom.
-
Using Country specific domain names or a super site?
Heya mate, I appreciate your reply but I kind've mentioned that in my post. Anyone, advice, constructive, please?!
-
Using Country specific domain names or a super site?
Bump... Again... Surley someone has a standpoint on this...
-
Mystery Scroll Bars appearing in chome
I only had a quick look at your CSS but I noticed a few DIVS with their overflow set as auto... This is most likely the problem. Try good old trial and error by removing them one by one to identify your error.