Sign in to follow this  
OhhEnnEmm

AI Development? Is it Worth Learning?

Hi everyone, I hope I've posted this in the correct area. 

I do a little freelance dev work when I'm not marketing, and I came across an article about AI development for businesses. 

I found it interesting and it lead me to read up more on AI development. 

It's something that does look rather interesting on the surface and I am considering doing some courses on it so I can offer it to clients.

However, I've never had any leads come to me and mention AI, so is it a future thing that is worth learning now so I'm prepared, or is there just little work out there for AI dev? 

If you have any experience with this, please let me know.

Thanks all,

OhhEnnEmm.

If you are new to programming I would suggest working in the industry alongside professionals before moving into AI, things can get very complicated very quickly. I'd then look to branch into this area after building up experience as a developer.

Okay thank you Robert. 

After some further research late last night I did begin to think that perhaps it would be a little out of reach for me at the moment.

Still, nice to know there's still a lot more advancements to make! 😁

Thanks again! 

On 10/3/2018 at 11:55 AM, rbrtsmith said:

If you are new to programming I would suggest working in the industry alongside professionals before moving into AI, things can get very complicated very quickly. I'd then look to branch into this area after building up experience as a developer

Yes you are right AI development is a very advanced stage so your basic should be clear, You should start working in the development industry and gain experiences so that you can do learn new advanced techniques.

This site has a ton of posts where the op says something just to post a link onto this site, and then they disappear into oblivion. It happens probably thousands of times each year. Is there a benefit to doing this for the ops? I know the links posted on this site are no-follow, etc. Just curious. Maybe I'm a miserable old sod and imagine this?

Edited by Grant Barker