Allstar

Facebook Groups API - Send/Receive Post/Comments

I started looking for a wordpress plugin that would allow me to publish a post to a Facebook group, also if I wrote a post in that facebook group my wordpress could create a post based on it's details. I'm fairly certain I did this with Facebook Pages and my User profile at some point.

Looking at the plugins they all mostly seem to be very old / not updated much. Looking at the Facebook API there were some big changes in October 2016 relating to groups. It is my understanding that I can't publish via facebook.com/group/{group-id} and I have to use an app?

The API pages point me to use a different "edge" what is an "edge"? I understand a bit about SOAP and REST calls, I've sent stuff too and from Twitter but I would not call myself fluent but I could bumble my way to a solution with some broad stroke guidance.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ben03
      Hi all,

I am hoping to display a Facebook group feed in a web page using php. Have looked around but not found anything that would suggest this was possible. I know you can display a page or profile feed but not a group.

Does anyone know of or can suggest a plugin/tutorial where this can be achieved? My knowledge of feeds and php are limited so am considering paid for options ala codecanyon style too.

Can anyone help here? Thanks.