Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Some Advice

Featured Replies

Hi,


I would like some advice if possible, i'm not sure whether im allowed to post this here or not, if not could somebody move it to the relevant board, Thanks.


First a little background information about myself:


I'm currently 19, I've been working as a Web Developer in a workplace since November 2013. I stayed at an Agency for a year and gained some Experience and now i Work in ECommerce.


I may be young but my experience tallys. I started developing when i was 13, due to a poor childhood basically, i'd of rather sat creating something worthwhile on the computer than trouble out on the streets.


I developed and ran my own RPG game with over 200k users from March 2011-November 2013 (When i landed in the Agency)


The Agency job was good but very unprofessional and a lot of stress due to a very small team consisting of 2 devs, I moved on because i was promised the world and got nothing, took 6 months for me to get a contract...


Okay so i started where i am now in December last year so i've been here almost 5 months, not a great deal of time i know.


When i was employed here it was for the purpose of front-end development. They run their ecommerce business through ASP.NET (i have java experience from the RPG so c# isnt a problem) They recently moved over to bootstrap for responsive and ofcourse being a front-end developer i pretty much lead this.


My problem is that I have been here 5 months and my workload is literally non-existant. I feel that my skills here are being wasted and that I would be much better off back in an Agency. I have given it 5 months, my boss notices that I dont have anything on and says he will "find me something" to do but that never happens either, I could be doing stuff to keep myself busy, but i dont see what i'm achieving my coming in at 9am sitting down, writing hours of useless code to recycle at the end of the day.


I've learnt the basics of 2 more languages in the 5months ive been sat here doing nothing.


  • 2 weeks later...

Absolutely move on.

 

I used to have a job with no work and it was so demoralising, I hated every day. Ended up getting wasted most evenings out of frustration. I only stayed because I knew eventually there would be a very nice redundancy package. Which I spent on beer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.