Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WordPress force HTTPS and change all HTTP links to HTTPS?

Featured Replies

I just installed SSL on one of my sites. While it's working well on the main site, it's not on the wordpress blog here. I have added this snippet in .htaccess of the blog:


RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on
RewriteRule ^ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]


But it's still not fully secure with some assets not in secure mode. I used Httpfox to check all the HTTP requests and all HTTP requests are correctly redirected to HTTPS. Now I don't know why it's still not fully secure. I thought redirecting all HTTP assets to HTTPS would be the deal in this case? Is it?


If not, it seems the only option left for me is to manually change all HTTP assets (href, src, etc.) to HTTPS across all the content. Is there any easy way to achieve this for the entire WP blog? A plugin? This doesn't seem right to me as I'm afraid it would neglect one asset or two on some of the posts or pages.


This really sucks.....any help would be appreciated!

Yep.. looks like you need to change the links for all your uploaded images to https:// (and the favicon link)

 

I *think* there maybe a plugin for WordPress that does this already so it would be worth having a look before you go through ever single page.

 

If you know what your doing with mysql you could dump the database out, make the changes using search and replace, then re-upload it again.

  • 4 weeks later...

First, you can force SSL in wp_config.php using

define( 'FORCE_SSL_ADMIN', true );

If you continue to get errors they are most like likely coming from media attachments where images were included via the editor pre SSL.

I wrote about it here:

http://www.kirstencassidy.com/force-ssl-for-wordpress-media-attachments/

Edited by mantis

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.