June 9, 201412 yr How could I create a looping moving background behind my template? (Loops to multiple moving backgrounds)Like this one:http://domainnamesales.com/domain/checkit.comThanks Edited June 10, 201412 yr by ilikeblazin
June 10, 201412 yr Author How could I create a looping moving background behind my template? (Loops to multiple moving backgrounds)Like this one:http://domainnamesales.com/domain/checkit.comThanks
June 10, 201412 yr Author How could I create a looping moving background behind my template? (Loops to multiple moving backgrounds)Like this one:http://domainnamesales.com/domain/checkit.comThanks
June 10, 201412 yr a quick google and i found this: http://demosthenes.info/blog/777/Create-Fullscreen-HTML5-Page-Background-Video
June 13, 201412 yr Looks quite simple. You'll need a video in the right format for a start. Different browsers are compatible with different video formats, and off the top of my head I can't remember which is which. I've done it before but it was a long time ago- here is some of my html. <div id="video-container"> <video autoplay muted loop class="fillWidth" poster="img/poster.jpg"> <source src="vids/freds.mp4" type="video/mp4"/> <source src="vids/home_ogv.ogv" type="video/ogg"/> <source src="vids/home_webm.webm" type="video/webm"/> Your browser does not support the video tag. I suggest you upgrade your browser. </video></div><!-- end video-container --> It's a little bit messy, but you can see from the code that the video gets muted (don't want annoying sound playing and didn't have the time to strip sound from the video), the class is supposed to fill the width of the screen, and if a persons browser dosen't support the video or the video is loading, it'll display "poster.jpg" instead, which in my case is just the first frame of the video. Secondly, there are multiple video sources to maximise compatibility and linked in via the "vids" folder. This should hopefully get you on your way.
June 13, 201412 yr Yeah looking at the code this is a 30 (ish) second video playing in the background behind the content that then loops. it's about 10 MB so may affect load times
June 13, 201412 yr a quick google and i found this: http://demosthenes.info/blog/777/Create-Fullscreen-HTML5-Page-Background-Video I do find your lack of attention to detail disturbing at best. I do believe that the OP requires something along the lines of http://buildinternet.com/project/supersized/
Create an account or sign in to comment