June 23, 200818 yr I almost finished designing and coding my first website. Got stuck thou at the contact.html page. i want in this page a contact form that can be completed by the website visitors. i attached a image of what i designed and i really need to know how can I code this form in a specific way. My questions are: 1. I want the user to be prompted when one of the fields does not have any information. a pop up or something. how do I do that? 2. I want in the message input box a scroll bar to appear if the message is longer than the actual design dimensions. how do i code this? 3. What am I supposed to do so that the info completed in the form reach it's destination? the destination is me ... can't figure out the process. Is there a e-mail box or something and the data filed in reach this e-mail box? I really need guidance here ... 4. I want to create an e-mail for this website: info@websitename.com. When visitors click this it should open outlook or something so that they can write the e-mail. How do I do that? 10x Atouck
June 23, 200818 yr No.1 - http://www.askthecssguy.com/2007/03/form_f...th_css_and.html No.2 - this will happen automatically. No.3 - if your pages are php I use this script - http://css-tricks.com/nice-and-simple-contact-form/ No.4 - using the email html (<a href="mailto:email@domain.com">email</a>) will automatically open up the users default email program.
June 23, 200818 yr Author No.3 - if your pages are php I use this script - the pages are html and css. i do not know PHP ... can i still use that?
June 23, 200818 yr Change your contact.html extension to .php (contact.php) and just add the php script. You have to use php because it's impossible to send an e-mail by only using HTML.
June 23, 200818 yr Jem has a great script that will do almost exactly what you want. http://www.jemjabella.co.uk/scripts/free-php-mail-form If you need help setting it up let me know Pat
June 23, 200818 yr Author ok . I'll start working on this in the afternoon, cuz right now my idiotic cat managed to brake a pipe in the bathroom and I have a floded house be back at you guys soon
June 23, 200818 yr Author ok back to work. thx for the links. i build some php and I did the html/css for the page. I do not have a domain name yet so i can't test if it works. wii have in a few days. I'll get back for info if still needed.
Create an account or sign in to comment