Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Site won't load in Firefox

Featured Replies

I have a site in development http://dev.kirstencassidy.com/caulaincourt/ that will no longer load properly in Firefox. Although I have yet to optimise it gets a reasonable score in PageSpeed Insights (at least no worse than when it was working) and there are no errors when I debug in Chrome. I suspect the problem is in js/app.js where I've been fiddling around with geolocation and the datepicker but can't for the life of me determine what it is.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

Edit: It works fine locally even in Firefox

Edited by mantis

  • Author

I just checked on another computer and it seems alright. I've cleared the cache a million times. Don't don't what else it could be.

Thanks for looking :)

The page came up for me in a reasonable time but that large image took about 30 seconds to render, on looking it's 2.5mb is size - that's far too big!

  • Author

@BlueDreamer Thanks for pointing that out. I had forgotten to switch it out for the jpg version.

  • Author

Turned out it was a cacheing problem. Fixed it by adding

 

<?php echo date('Y-m-d H:i:s'); ?>

as a url parameter after the stylesheet. (tip from Jack)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.