Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Photoshop Tutorial: Make a realistic vector phone

Featured Replies

Creating a realistic vector phone

 

In this tutorial our aim is to create a realistic phone. I based my phone on an XDA IQ. I am getting one of these phones in a few days too, so It is of interest to me. I found my picture on Google image results.

1. Find an ideal picture of the phone. I chose one off Google

pic1.gif

2. For this tutorial we will be using the pen tool a lot, so make sure you are confident with it, and how to use it effectively.

pic2.gif

With the following settings

 

pic3.gif

 

3. I selected a random colour from the black area. I ended up using #07110d. 1. 4. With the Pen tool, click on the top left corner (shown at 1) then move to point 2, moving to point 3. Repeat this process around the black area of the phone

 

pic4.gif

 

Now we are near the bottom I s

 

pic5.gif

 

To get the smooth curve corner, all you need to do is click as normal at point 1, then go straight to point 2. Do not let go of the mouse buttom. Instead drag the mouse along to the black dot. This will curve the line. Keep the marker parallel with the lowe line of the phone.

 

Repeat this process in reverese for the lower left corner.

 

Your completed vector shape and image should resemble something like this.

  • Author

pic6.gif

 

 

On the layers palette, untick the small 'eye' icon as shown here

 

Your vector layer will disappear, but is still there.

 

pic7.gif

 

 

7. Select the phone layer. We do this so when we create another vector, it will be underneath the first vector we made. Now mask out the sliver shiny bit in a colour like #97b3ba

 

 

pic9.gif

 

 

pic10.gif

 

 

pic11.gif

 

pic13.gif

 

 

pic16.gif

 

 

pic17.gif

Very cool tutorial mate!

 

Thank you for sharing ;)

 

Oli

  • Author

No problem, I have plenty more too, I'll bung em on tonight :friends:

 

This is my first ever topic pinnage whooo :drinks::yahoo:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.