Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wanting to turn an idea into reality! I would really appreciate some guidance!

Featured Replies

Hi there!

Over the last few months i've been really thinking of starting an idea I had for a website!

I've been planning and designing rough copies for a while know, but I need some guidance with how to fulfill it!

 

I'm wanting to build a website where people can locally post their used/unwanted fashionable clothing!

I'm wanting to work like the website/company 'Etsy.com', but just local (in Montreal, mainly for students).

I'm not looking for profit, i'm just wanting to do this as a project.

 

I've been researching many different website/website building sites and so far I have found one that I really like: http://www.squarespace.com/

 

I'm a bit confused how to get it to work like 'Etsy' though..

If you could help me with these following questions, or have input or feedback that can help guide me that would be great!

 

-How do I create a website where visitors can create an account where they can post their used clothing for sale?

in regards to above: I was thinking maybe the easiest way to go about this is to get a 'classified ads' template where users can post and sell (via paypal).....

-Is there any specific website building app, or program that may help me do this?

  • 2 weeks later...

No... is the short answer.

 

If you have a business idea and no knowledge of how to make a site then you should hire a professional.

No... is the short answer.

 

If you have a business idea and no knowledge of how to make a site then you should hire a professional.

 

I'm not sure what you're saying no to here but its not like the OP was asking for free work. Also, he shouldn't have to hire a professional if he wants to give it a go himself. He's only asking a few questions

I'm not sure what you're saying no to here but its not like the OP was asking for free work. Also, he shouldn't have to hire a professional if he wants to give it a go himself. He's only asking a few questions

 

I assume he was replying to the last line of the OP's post.

 

"Is there any specific website building app, or program that may help me do this?"

 

:)

Before you start, what would your site do differently to eBay?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.