Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Car servicing practice design

Featured Replies

Hey guys! Bellow is a design I did recently for a fictional car servicing company as a practice. I'm not posting it because I think it is finished, but rather because I am unsure about where to go from here. Those finishing touches that will make it look more professional is what I am lacking atm, thus suggestions on how to improve will be greatly appreciated!

 

 

carcopye.jpg

For a professional touch, get rid of all that spam in your footer. For SEO purposes, that should not be there, it will only hinder your rankings in the long run.

 

Overall though, I like the look of it, be interesting to see that page live and with proper copy on it too.

 

Hope that helps in some small way.

 

Stevo!

  • Author

Thanks Durden. To be honest I wanted to post it for a review and kinda filled in the footer with some random content from an actual website. I don't like it either and will change it soon. We'll see if I decide to code it, since as I said it is just for practice. But hey, you can never know :p

What cms do you use?

Really nice design :) the only thing that bothers me is the bottom left contact box. Rather than only placing an unattractive text there, maybe you can do something with it. Make it different with the boxes on the sidebars. It's your contact, so make it obvious and attractive :D

very nice design :)

Looks good to me. The only things I'd look at again would bethe footer light box. It looks a bit odd with the contrasting of the address box and the footer background being so separate. Possible darken the address box a tad.

Also on the other services menu section, drop the underlining of the links as it makes them to cramped.

For a professional touch, get rid of all that spam in your footer. For SEO purposes, that should not be there, it will only hinder your rankings in the long run.

 

Stevo!

 

Hi, :)

 

I dont think you are correct, search engines need text to index.

He is correct. That copy in the footer is worthless.

 

 

Thanks Mike. Well he's right, they do need text, but not spam. Google's algorithms are intelligent enough to know the difference between actual content and spam. Going forward they are going to be able to know if content actually makes sense to what the user is searching for.

 

However my original point was, it doesn't look professional to have it there, regardless if its good or not.

 

Thanks again Mike.

Hi, :)

 

I dont think you are correct, search engines need text to index.

 

 

Hi, I was just looking at your own site, special offer, is that the full price £50.00 for a five page website?

 

That seems ridiculously cheap at only £10.00 per page. I'm not trying to sound bad, but how many hours would you spend on it for a customer?

 

Stevo!

Loving it, really good job. The "next MOT" is really good. perhaps before the footer there could be a button that states something along the lines of "see next free MOT space", the page would then automatically scroll to the bottom.

 

Still overall I'm impressed with this. Now get it coded! :)

 

Stevo!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.