January 20, 201214 yr I'm working on a site that uses this theme - http://themeforest.net/item/accessories-car-magento-theme/full_screen_preview/662796 The URL is www.loveallthingssexy.com I would just like to know how to add items to the best seller vertical scroller on the right and also how to add items to the new products area. Would be grateful to anyone who can help
January 20, 201214 yr Hard to tell with a commercial theme, since no access to the source. If the theme's well-written, the new products area should be controlled by setting the products' news_from_date (and maybe news_to_date) attribute(s). The Best Sellers would be done with # of sales.
January 27, 201214 yr Theme forest is very particular about its themes and the authors are generally offer exceptional support.. drop them a line.. if could be controlled by a category ID or it could actually pull out your best selling products.
January 27, 201214 yr Author Just posting the solution renaissance sent me via PM New products slider: "Set Product as New from Date" attribute. Best sellers is populated by products with the most number of sales. I put through a test order which you can delete - it's got my name on, shipping to 1 Test St, Testington. There's also a shopping basket price rule I created so I wouldn't have to pay for the test order, you can kill that too. C. Thanks again for your help Edited January 27, 201214 yr by cab322003
Create an account or sign in to comment