January 18, 201214 yr Hi all, am working on Teignmouth Community School's Welcome Page, and have had this odd background issue, I cant remember when it started occurring but its driving me nuts now, I don't think its a css issue, maybe an untidy HTML markup or something? I don't know. here's the URL http://www.teignmouth.devon.sch.uk/tcs_welcome4/. also does anyone know a good way of making sure the page and image objects resize for low res, at the mo I have had to make the slideshow 400x272px and people with a large res like me have to put up with small images....not ideal Many thanks in advance!
January 20, 201214 yr Try changing your CSS to this: body { background:#cccccc url(../images/bg/dark_grad_wide.png) repeat-x; /* for non-css3 browsers */ background:#cccccc -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#333333), to(#cccccc))repeat-x; /* for webkit browsers */ background:#cccccc -moz-linear-gradient(top, #333333, #cccccc) repeat-x; /* for firefox 3.6+ */ } The IE filter is best left out.
January 20, 201214 yr Author Try changing your CSS to this: body { background:#cccccc url(../images/bg/dark_grad_wide.png) repeat-x; /* for non-css3 browsers */ background:#cccccc -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#333333), to(#cccccc))repeat-x; /* for webkit browsers */ background:#cccccc -moz-linear-gradient(top, #333333, #cccccc) repeat-x; /* for firefox 3.6+ */ } The IE filter is best left out. Thanks a million! that realy did the trick!
January 20, 201214 yr Thanks a million! that realy did the trick! Thanks for the feedback. Happy to help. I used to spend holidays in Teignmouth with my parents. We always stayed at the Jolly Sailor on the old harbour. There used to be a lovely shellfish shop by it.
Create an account or sign in to comment