April 22, 200818 yr Hi, I have seen on some sites, that when you click a link, it makes an effect that makes the site look like it fades out and another screen appears in the middle with questions/polls/form. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction of what it is and how I go about getting one of those bad boys in my site Thank you for reading Chris
April 22, 200818 yr Yep sounds like a job for Lightbox! have you got a link so we can see what you mean exactly?
April 22, 200818 yr The most famous implementations of this are Lightbox and Thickbox (amongst many others!). You can take a look at those scripts for starters to get a feel of what each one can do for you.
April 22, 200818 yr Author Thats exactly what I was looking for! thanks guys! What are peoples thoughts on using these? do they go down well with visitors? Chris
April 22, 200818 yr They are perfectly fine so long as you use them in the right situations (displaying images, confirmation boxes, etc). The scripts listed above have good support for when Javascript is disabled so the website don't become useless.
April 22, 200818 yr Yeah lightbox effect I also agree with all the experts posted here... You can use it from here also
Create an account or sign in to comment