Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simple and Effective?

Featured Replies

I don't normally (read: ever :D) post in this section - so I thought it was about time.

 

Been staring at this for a few hours now, it's a screengrab that's has been coded. It's for a charity, who want something really similar to another site in my portfolio. They are looking for something "simple". I'm also trying to work to a grid format, based on 960.gs

 

1. The stripy picture will be a Flash-Splash-Promo-thingy-wotsit. :lol:

2. I don't have their logo..yet.

 

:)

post-1309-1208821197_thumb.jpg

Looks quite smart as it is, but it's really going to depend on the logo and images.. they could affect the appearance quite a lot.

Very cool. I think the colour scheme will probably be one of the only things to change once you've got the logo. I really like the actual layout. Well done.

That's a lovely layout, fresh and modern! :D

 

I don't think I could design a website without knowing the logo, though! I'd be too scared of the website having to completely change to fit it in :o

I like this very much, it is smart without being overstated. Nice clean layout. Hope the logo works with it ;)

Good effort - elegant, nice use of colour, very easy on the eye. As above, would need to see final logo/content to make a true judgment, but since you developed this then I wager that'll be pretty nice too.

  • Author

Really appreciate the feedback - thank you. :)

 

Very cool. I think the colour scheme will probably be one of the only things to change once you've got the logo. I really like the actual layout. Well done.

 

I agree about the colour scheme. I've spoken to them about seem to "not have" a corporate colour.. or couldn't decided which it was. "It might be dark red. or blue. Did we not use green last year?" :o

 

 

I don't think I could design a website without knowing the logo, though! I'd be too scared of the website having to completely change to fit it in :o

 

I know what the logo is, but don't have an electronic copy (yet) and I couldn't replicate it so just put a placeholder in at moment.

I know what the logo is, but don't have an electronic copy (yet) and I couldn't replicate it so just put a placeholder in at moment.

Ah that's cool then, I wasn't sure if you had seen it at all and were just designing blind. :D

the logo and the images are essential, generally they create the overall look and fell of the website

So far, so good. Hope the logo doesn't ruin the overall appearance.

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.