December 2, 201114 yr Author I think it's been made clear now it was an internet mis-understanding. We can all calm the hell down and have a cuddle Motif, this was quickly slapped together from bits and bobs laying around. Might help you on your path. http://miniman-webdesign.co.uk/client/motif/test.html I think it's safe to say I'm stumped haha, I noticed that you have padding above each section but it really makes no difference to my page. Look's like an all nighter for me haha. Thanks again
December 2, 201114 yr Yeah the padding/margin is to bring the section down below the overlaid header bar.
December 2, 201114 yr Author Yeah the padding/margin is to bring the section down below the overlaid header bar. Well that's essentially what I need to do , if I use firebug and add it , it has the desired effect , If I then navigate away and back it still hides the top, Know anybody that sells wigs? Thanks Luke
December 2, 201114 yr Well that's essentially what I need to do , if I use firebug and add it , it has the desired effect , If I then navigate away and back it still hides the top, Know anybody that sells wigs? Thanks Luke Forget Firebug, get ya hands dirty in the code. get the actual jumps working, then add the allowance for the header bar and then add in the smooth jquery transition. Break it down in to those small steps.
December 2, 201114 yr Author Forget Firebug, get ya hands dirty in the code. get the actual jumps working, then add the allowance for the header bar and then add in the smooth jquery transition. Break it down in to those small steps. Haha , help!!!!!! please mike if you help me out I'll buy you a beer , do you have beerpal ?
December 5, 201114 yr Author Ah only just spotted this mate? How's it going? I'm having a right terrible time with it ! haha I just can't get those boxes to display below the header it's a nightmare. I only have to get this to work once on this website and i'll be able to reuse it all for future one pager projects but my goodness something so simple is driving me insane. It's a site for a friend and when I took it on as a side project I didn't realise I was going to have such a hard time making a one page website work. I'm going to attach some files for your thoughts. Cheers mate and thanks to anyone else that might be able to prevent me from going bald. faad.zip
December 5, 201114 yr Can't you just give each section top padding? The down side if there will be gaps between each section but I can't see how else you can do this. I've done it here and it works fine: http://michaelgunner.co.uk
December 5, 201114 yr Pretty much what i was going to say. Either that or set the area that is to be scrolled too as being further up the page (allowing for the header). I'd say use another script too (possibly the one i posted) for clean valid code reasons.
December 5, 201114 yr Author Hi Guys, I'm not sure if i'm doing this wrong but when I add the padding it works when you first visit the site but then when you jump to another area on the page ( also with padding above ) it still goes behind the header. I must be doing something extremely wrong. Thanks Mikes Luke
December 5, 201114 yr Author I've just added padding to a couple of sections you'll see it kind of works on the homesection however you click about and it still cuts off in the same place everytime regardless of padding / margins. 2 words " ARGH ! " www.erudit.com/faad
December 5, 201114 yr http://jsfiddle.net/brightonmike/qUMEK/1/ The only thing wrong there is you want to remove the border styling from the boxes you're adding padding too. Instead, add another div that sits inside the content boxs, which you then style ad the content boxes are at the moment. Works fine. But yeah you do have some messy code which isn't helping, for example: background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #63224B; Should just be background:#63224B; You don't need attributes for background images if you're just using a colour Hope that helps.
December 5, 201114 yr Also, you don't need your name tags. You need to remove those, and point your links to the actual content boxes instead - as I've done above.
December 5, 201114 yr Author http://jsfiddle.net/brightonmike/qUMEK/1/ The only thing wrong there is you want to remove the border styling from the boxes you're adding padding too. Instead, add another div that sits inside the content boxs, which you then style ad the content boxes are at the moment. Works fine. But yeah you do have some messy code which isn't helping, for example: background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #63224B; Should just be background:#63224B; You don't need attributes for background images if you're just using a colour Hope that helps. Now that does makes sense, that's the last time I copy and paste the changes from firebug to my stylesheet , I never type all that extra guff.
December 5, 201114 yr Author Now that does makes sense, that's the last time I copy and paste the changes from firebug to my stylesheet , I never type all that extra guff. Will give all these suggestions a go thanks again guys. Luke
December 6, 201114 yr Author I've almost got this working properly , will post the results soon, Thanks to all that have helped
Create an account or sign in to comment