October 3, 201115 yr HI I've been made to feel pretty stupid in the Magento forum with comments like what planet are you from...and this has been answered a thousand times....but quite frankly the magento forum is now so big that it takes hours to narrow down your problem and as for a support forum 90% is moronic riduculing of new users and mindless exchanges of pleasentries with no actual support! I need help... I have a store that requires express checkout as well as the standard magento checkout... however using the express checkout bypasses the add shipping option in the cart which means a user can freely navigate to paypal without adding a shipping value to their order. Has anyone got any experience with Magento that they would gladly share without questioning my orgins of birth! Thanks Martin
October 4, 201115 yr ...this is why I love Magento - if there's a problem with core, you don't have to hack it with changes that would be overwritten by an update, and you can override anything. Your problem is with Mage_Paypal_Model_Express_Checkout - you need to override it safely so your changes are not overwritten by a core update. Once you've got it running from app/code/local instead of app/code/core, you can then edit your version like so: public function returnFromPaypal($token) { // Copy the rest of the function as it stands, just add these two lines at the end: $this->_quote->getShippingAddress()->setCollectShippingRates(true); $this->_quote->collectTotals()->save(); } Edited October 4, 201115 yr by Renaissance-Design
Create an account or sign in to comment