Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Website review, tweaks and changes

Featured Replies

I have a brand new website I need some very honest and very critical reviews on.

 

The website is imgtub.com and as you can see it is very plain and bland.

 

It needs bringing to life with colours, ideas and creative juices but I just don't know what to do, so that's where you guys come in to it.

 

I want you to be as critical as you can so that I can get everything you comment on changed in some way and hopefully at the end of it I will have a nice project that I can hire someone for.

 

 

I have attached a design that I created in photoshop, what do you think of it?

 

Thank you for your comments in advance.

 

 

post-29897-0-99139300-1304755434_thumb.png

Edited by Wizza

Hi

 

I am writing this without having a good look, just so I can let you know my one second opinion.

 

First of all liking the layout, simple and quite a standard UI.

 

When scrolling down I get struck by the comments and they are an eyesore to me personally.

 

I will get back after looking at it again.

 

P.

Dont like the idea of comments on homepage

 

This kind of site dont need this.

 

Maybe a like button with the pics would be a nice touch.

 

P.

 

Also dont like the design very much, the rounded corners dont do it here for me.

Edited by seedism

You need to add some text between the logo and the pics to grab the viewers attention.

 

Also maybe make the catagories nav in alphabetic order to make quick searching it easier.

Perhaps an intro and why to choose your site instead of the rest.

 

Dont get me wrong, I like the basic setup and it makes an easy browsing experience for most viewers.

 

I also suggest a second primary color to break up the page a bit more.

 

p.

I like the icon on your upload button, try making a similar look for the icons on above your img thumbnails.

 

The icons used there are not as nice.

 

P.

Wizza - I think the use of shadows will help to bring out the images.

 

A shadow around the white borders for example, and on top - perhaps changing the background (where the images are) from grey to white.

 

Also, instead of the blue border mouseover - how about decreasing the opacity of the image?

 

Navigation? Left/Top-Centered is pretty standard. Could be a personal thing though. I prefer left.

 

I like the logo!

 

Hope this helps you out Wizza.

 

Jeff

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.