Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TICR

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TICR

  1. Hey knvs09 - wow - looking very cool. Can tell lots of effort went in. I'm wondering if the color-scheme could be toned down a tad - made a bit more subtle. The purple/blue color for example - not so sure it contrasts well with the dark and light greys. Of course - this is just tested on my eyes. Others may find it working. Hope this helps! Jeff
  2. Hey - looks sharp. A subtle dash of color in the header *could* help to bring it together a bit more. For example, I'd brighten up either the top or bottom of the main logo. White up top/grey below - or the opposite. Oh - and for color... what about introducing some pink up top. Not too much, just enough to bring out parts of your main content area... for consistency. Perhaps a 'picture' logo - just to the left of the one you've got now... with some color (a bit - not too much!) - would help. My 0.02 - hope this helps! Jeff
  3. P - great idea! Thank you.
  4. Hello. Does anyone know of a way to implement 'smooth scrolling' on image maps? The idea, is to have maps with areas that once clicked - will take the visitor to a destination further down the page - without the jump. Thank you very much. Jeff
  5. Hey Gareth. First thing that comes to mind when I think 'art' - is painting. I'm wondering... and this might take a little bit extra - some outsourcing on the design perhaps?... but it might look cool if you were to tweak the earth part of the logo - so that the continents looked to be 'oil painted'. A 'Van Goghish' sort of look. After - similar to what you've done with the 'WA' - have the style more closely reflect the paint on the earth. I think if you get the world and the 'WA' to come together more so in likeness... the last bit of text will be easy to place. An idea! Jeff :-)
  6. Hey Jenna - thanks for the pointers! Yeah the search box needs a fix up. I think it'll be an Adsense box at some point - so it'll be the 'Google' logo that disappears when you click on the text box. Agreed though - this needs to be fixed. Thank you. Anchor titles too. I will match them up for consistency. Thanks again Jenna - and also, I'm happy you like the logo. Jeff :-) P.S. Does anyone know how to get 'smooth scrolling' to work with image maps? Pulling teeth on this one!
  7. Chris - thank you for taking a look. Yes, it's a lovely spot - go there when you can! The navigation is bare-bones at the moment... once more links develop under each heading (Welcome!, Places, etc.) - *hopefully!* - it will be more clear which are links and which are headings. Thank you for taking note. Long... yes - and lots of scrolling. Actually - this site will be geared around creating a lot (A LOT!) of content. :-) I agree - shorter would be nice. I'll see about this - thank you again for the tip. OK Chris - enjoy your time with your daughter - and again... really appreciate the review. Jeff
  8. Hi WDF members. Looking for some genuine feedback about my site - thisiscostarica*dot*com. Especially, the logo. Might be too much going on. Suggestions? And please - don't hold back. Thank you!
  9. Wizza - I think the use of shadows will help to bring out the images. A shadow around the white borders for example, and on top - perhaps changing the background (where the images are) from grey to white. Also, instead of the blue border mouseover - how about decreasing the opacity of the image? Navigation? Left/Top-Centered is pretty standard. Could be a personal thing though. I prefer left. I like the logo! Hope this helps you out Wizza. Jeff
  10. Hi Philip. The layout is clean and simple. However, the vertical alignment of text - is such that - it doesn't all fit on my screen. I'd widen things a bit - ensure that everything is seen *above the fold*. The background pattern is distracting. Makes reading the text difficult. Also, a darker font might be best. Hey - hope this helps! Jeff

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.