May 3, 201115 yr Hi all I have just redone my website from being in .shtml to .net a total redesign. A lot of the site urls have change and this has caused huge fall in my search engine poition. I used to be at no2 position for "web design doncaster" and now I am nowhere to be found. This is really worrying me because I used to get majority of my website projects for people searching for this term within google and now its nowhere to be seen. If anyone would kindly help put links on the site to www modeware.co.uk with title "web design doncaster" or for stovin.co.uk . If you ever need a favour anything designing, programming help or just some link Ill be happy to help in return. Just really worried at moment with my google positioning. Thank you for any help in advance. Kind regards Lee Edited May 3, 201115 yr by Stovin Design
May 10, 201115 yr If the re-design was done with SEO in mind then you should be fine. Once link structures and content changes you can expect to drop off the scene for a little while as Google re-indexes your site content.
May 10, 201115 yr Have you told Google where the old pages have moved to via a 301 redirect? This. You need to take care of your link profile when redeveloping a site. I could tell you how on Apache, but it appears you're on IIS since you specified .NET so I'm afraid that's someone else's bag.
May 15, 201115 yr Author Have you told Google where the old pages have moved to via a 301 redirect? ive redirected most of the broken links.
May 17, 201115 yr Put both your OLD links and NEW links in sitemap.xml and submit it via webmaster tools so google will still try and recrawl the old links, see there's a 301 and be further encouraged to index the new pages.. Once you can see the new pages in google (search using site:yourdomain.com) then you should rename/move the old pages so they would give a 404 and tell google via webmaster tools to drop the pages from its index leaving you with just the new pages indexed.
Create an account or sign in to comment