Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which Gallery CMS?

Featured Replies

Without sounding cliche, this is pretty much all I need! My client is a DJ that attends various events and needs to be able to update a gallery on the website. Crucially, the gallery has to sit within a defined space on the webpage, so can't be one of the themed gallery CMS that's out there.

 

To give you an idea of what I'm after, the one I'm desperate to use is GalleryCMS.com's one, which has a super sleek flash gallery. I've tried installing it on the clients site, and have been able to upload photos without an issue, but displaying them has become impossible, most likely to my own inexperience!

 

Does anyone know of a good gallery that has a CMS backend and can be embedded into a page? I'm thinking Flickr if I can't get GalleryCMS to work!

 

Thanks in advance for the advice guys :)

Edited by ppdesign

Without sounding cliche, this is pretty much all I need! My client is a DJ that attends various events and needs to be able to update a gallery on the website. Crucially, the gallery has to sit within a defined space on the webpage, so can't be one of the themed gallery CMS that's out there.

 

To give you an idea of what I'm after, the one I'm desperate to use is GalleryCMS.com's one, which has a super sleek flash gallery. I've tried installing it on the clients site, and have been able to upload photos without an issue, but displaying them has become impossible, most likely to my own inexperience!

 

Does anyone know of a good gallery that has a CMS backend and can be embedded into a page? I'm thinking Flickr if I can't get GalleryCMS to work!

 

Thanks in advance for the advice guys :)

Gallery2 can be bridged or included in a range of CMS's including Joomla. It can handle 100,000's images

  • Author

Gallery2 can be bridged or included in a range of CMS's including Joomla. It can handle 100,000's images

 

Thanks :)

 

Just having a look on their site - would you recommend Gallery2 or move up to 3? Not sure how much experience you've had with 3, if any. As long as it can be intergrated into the page (850x450 space) then I'm happy. Heard some good things about it, so time to read up!

  • Author

So Gallery2 seems to be having some issues installing - Gallery3 works fine, but doesn't embed for some reason. This is the error Gallery2 gives me at Step 2 of my setup:

 

Warning: putenv(): Warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LANG' - it's not in the allowed list (setting: safe_mode_allowed_env_vars) in /customers/pixelproofdesign.co.uk/pixelproofdesign.co.uk/httpd.www/emp/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryTranslator.class on line 306 Warning: putenv(): Warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LANGUAGE' - it's not in the allowed list (setting: safe_mode_allowed_env_vars) in /customers/pixelproofdesign.co.uk/pixelproofdesign.co.uk/httpd.www/emp/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryTranslator.class on line 307

  • Author

So Gallery2 seems to be having some issues installing - Gallery3 works fine, but doesn't embed for some reason. This is the error Gallery2 gives me at Step 2 of my setup:

 

Warning: putenv(): Warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LANG' - it's not in the allowed list (setting: safe_mode_allowed_env_vars) in /customers/pixelproofdesign.co.uk/pixelproofdesign.co.uk/httpd.www/emp/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryTranslator.class on line 306 Warning: putenv(): Warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LANGUAGE' - it's not in the allowed list (setting: safe_mode_allowed_env_vars) in /customers/pixelproofdesign.co.uk/pixelproofdesign.co.uk/httpd.www/emp/gallery2/modules/core/classes/GalleryTranslator.class on line 307

 

Anyone have any ideas with this?

I think. That don't support safe_mode.. try to turn off your php safe_mode.

Are you trying this locally or online, if online you will havwe to contact your provider to turn safe mode off.

 

If local then you will have to edit your php.ini file to set safe mode to off

 

; Safe Mode
; http://php.net/safe-mode
safe_mode = Off

; By default, Safe Mode does a UID compare check when
; opening files. If you want to relax this to a GID compare,
; then turn on safe_mode_gid.
; http://php.net/safe-mode-gid
safe_mode_gid = Off

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.