Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Advice/help with website

Featured Replies

Hi

 

This is my website;

 

berkshireparanormalinvestigations.org.uk

 

It's extremely basic and I would like to vamp it up a bit. Problem being, is that I can not get my head around dreamweaver, so I have been using notepad :blush1:

 

Is there a 'foolproof' webdesign software or 'how to' guide, that even a simpleton, like myself, could work from?

It's not really about using the right software - its about learning the code - so using notepad you've got the right idea. I started out by using Notepad++ - it gives you helpful syntax highlighting and such. I also recommend buying this book to get to grips with CSS.

 

Good luck!

  • Author

Thank you, is HTML supposed to give you headaches lol

  • Author

Thank you x

Yes - web developers are masochists :)

 

Yep, and most perverted of them use w3schools tutorials...:girl_devil:

  • Author

Cheers, that was down to the last guy, had a habit of not spell checking. Now I've taken the reins (or attempting too), things are turning out better.

Bravo for teaching yourself HTML. A few notes: The feedback link isn't linking to another page. On a few of the other pages, when you go to them the menu, which was once nicely laid out on the left margin, is now at the top, in basic text and missing anything appealing. The "interviews" page could use a makeover. Also, maybe a lighter text then the grey. It is somewhat straining on the eyes. Keep working at it! :)

  • Author

Thanks x

 

There are a few pages that still need updating, as the greeks say 'slowly slowly' lol Pat actually did the redesign, as I was about to have a nervous breakdown :unsure:

 

The feedback issue, i think is just me having to change the links on other pages. And yes, I've got rid of the comic san text (i think) :blush1:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.