October 20, 201015 yr Hi Folks, I am looking for some advice on creating my first content managed site. I've had a look through this section & the sticky & my heads now spinning with all the info. Could someone could please point me in the right direction, I'd very much appreciate it. Please see below for spec. Thanks in advance Gar-e I've a client who's not looking for a new website (they produced a free monthly magazine). They are not looking for a massive or complicated site but would like to update the site now & again,just text and a few photographs. This may be confined to a couple or one page of the website. I've build a number of sites using HTML & CSS but would now like to test myself with this project.
October 20, 201015 yr If your client only needs occasional access to one or two pages I'd suggest taking a look at Cushy CMS or MojoMotor.
October 20, 201015 yr WordPress. I'm very biased towards WordPress so I would recommend it. It's very flexible and easily updated. If you need any help let me know.
October 20, 201015 yr I Think that Wordpress is a great CMS but if you need something more than text and photos updates, try Joomla. It better for e-commerce or dealing with databases.
October 20, 201015 yr You can use WordPress for more than just text and photos. With the power of custom fields and a bucket load of plugins it can easily be used for anything you like.
October 22, 201015 yr Author Thanks everyone for the helpful advice, I have had a look at all the suggested software and think I will run with wordpress. I'll post something up when I have the website started &let you guys get a look & some feedback. Thanks again. Gar-e
Create an account or sign in to comment