Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vinyl records? okay - But writing a website? - not so sure!

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

 

I'm writing this website Vinyl Records Still Live! as they are a passion of mine, but - of course - I’d like to earn a bit of cash at the same time!

 

I uploaded the framework in November last and since I've added Adsense and am now seeing about 1.5 dollars/day. Google Analytics tell me I have a 'bounce-rate' of 43.5% Is that good or bad?

 

I’m using Serif WebPlus10 as a WYSIWYG editor – any good?

 

I'd really like someone to look at the site and the stuff going on behind it. Tags, Sitemaps, general layout – what ever you think.

 

Please tell it to me like it is. As I said - Vinyl Records - no mystery to me - web design – not too sure.

 

Kind Regards,

Hey mate, I used to be a bit of a vinyl collector myself, probably much of a different style no doubt!

 

I'm going to be honest with you here, but I hope since you're a beginner you won't take this to heart, you should see my first website lol.

 

1. Your using a beige background with a 16 colour pallette blue, that's just not very pleasing on the eye. It should be very easy to change the colour of all links, although i wouldn't know how in your software.

 

2. The logo/text on the header graphic you have created is very pixelated, for no reason. You should look for a decent graphics program for this.

 

3. I think the buttons down the left hand side look cheesey and don't suit the style at all.

 

4. The are also many places you have got a graphic and just scaled it in your HTML editor, this is really bad and it's what makes images look pixelated.

 

 

On the plus side, it looks like your content is very good, well written etc.

Agree with Tucker, also i would create a container and have content in a white background or something, with a small boreder

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.