Sign in to follow this  
abovecreative

Approved Index, anybody tried it.

Anybody used Approved Index? Skeptical about these services where you pay for a lead and looking at this site they seem quite pricey, £24 per lead and you need to pay for a minimum of 3 a month.

Fair enough if you get some work from it but I recently tried a similar service and although their leads were cheaper at £10 I also noticed after paying for one that the exact same job lead was also listed on guru.

They kept harrasing me to use their services ages ago. I don't know of anyone that's actually used their website, they offer no proof to backup their "statistics" either.

I trialled them last year and was paying £16 per lead for sites up to around £600 if I recall.

They were sending out quotes to five Designers at the same time so at best, you've only got a one-in-five chance of getting the business. Realistically though, many people getting quotes will end up using a company they sourced themselves so I'd guess a realistic conversion ratio is closer to one-in-ten. At £20 per lead, that's at least £200 just to secure one customer...way too much in my opinion.

I trialled them last year and was paying £16 per lead for sites up to around £600 if I recall.

They were sending out quotes to five Designers at the same time so at best, you've only got a one-in-five chance of getting the business. Realistically though, many people getting quotes will end up using a company they sourced themselves so I'd guess a realistic conversion ratio is closer to one-in-ten. At £20 per lead, that's at least £200 just to secure one customer...way too much in my opinion.

At Quotebean.co.uk we offer a similar service to Approved and it works for those companies who take our leads. However it is a competitive sales environment and the companies have developed the sales process to compete with other suppliers to get the business.

I previously ran a telecoms company and used to purchase these leads from Approved Index, Companeo and various other sites. The close rate was approx 1 in 10. The profit margin was in the thousands for what I was selling though so it made sense financially.

Now I'm providing web design in the sub £500 market [link removed] I cant see that I would make my money back if buying these leads.

Edited by zed
remove link, not necessary for response despite necro thread

I've used them and would advise people to avoid. They seemed good for a few years and then the lead quality plummeted after they were bought by a larger publishing co.

I'm not going into too much detail here but will reveal our experiences privately.

At Quotebean.co.uk we offer a similar service to Approved and it works for those companies who take our leads. However it is a competitive sales environment and the companies have developed the sales process to compete with other suppliers to get the business.

Cheers for that link. REALLY helpful for this discussion, glad you posted it. If you;re going to spam me, at least try to be subtle :)

Hi there i was with approved index and there lead qualification process is non existant. A lot of the clients didnt want a professional designer or were not serious. There software is designed to keep putting leads through even when you pause it to me its a legal scam so not happy with the service its misleading.

My advice would be to work with a dedicated sales team who can get the leads, qualify them and even close them in certain cases.

We always appreciate feedback and would like to address a few of the things hat have been mentioned in this thread.

We were the first lead generation company to set up in the UK back in 2004 and continue trading because of the trust our users put in us. We work with international blue chip companies right down to local businesses.

All of our leads are verified by our qualification team before passed on to our suppliers. They are always inbound, and we always speak to them to ensure they have genuine intentions before matching them up with the supplier.

Leads are never sent out to more than 4 companies (this is completely category dependent) and we NEVER put suppliers in touch with someone who we haven't spoken to first.

If anyone has any questions about our service then please feel free to DM me or ask directly on the thread :)

Edited by ApprovedIndex

Hi,

Your post was a while ago, but maybe Market Inspector could still help you to get qualitative leads for your business.

Are you affiliated with them may I ask?