Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2 shapes joined

Featured Replies

Is it possible to create 2 shapes and join them together making 1 shape? This is easy in Illustrator but how do you do it in Photoshop without having to rasterize the image?

no idea how to do this in photoshop as I don't use the software...it's very easy to do in Frieworks though...

I think you can? Make your first shape, will appear as a new shape layer, then change to whatever other shape you need (or use pen tool), pick the Add To Selection and cast out your 2nd shape. Should be 1 shape in 2.

  • Author
I think you can? Make your first shape, will appear as a new shape layer, then change to whatever other shape you need (or use pen tool), pick the Add To Selection and cast out your 2nd shape. Should be 1 shape in 2.

 

Do you mean pick the Add anchor point tool? If so, it's not quite what I mean. I need to create 2 seperate shapes and then combine them.

As I said, basically, make the first shape, then top bar there's an Add To Selection choice, use that.

if you select your shape layer and then hold shift down when you start drawing your second shape you can add to that vector mask.

 

 

As for merging two vector masks I don't know how to do it as I have never needed too.

You can just highlight both layers, right click on them and select 'merge layers' can't you?

 

 

 

no that gets rid of the vector mask the shapes are created in. That is the same as using rasterize on the shape, so it would make it pixelated.

  • Author
As I said, basically, make the first shape, then top bar there's an Add To Selection choice, use that.

 

Brilliant, I have just worked out what you meant in PS CS2. This is what I was after. Not sure if this option was available in PS CS.

 

Thanks

that's why photoshop is crap.

 

LMAO glad am not the only one who thinks so....

 

Prefer Paint Shop Pro meself lol

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Just to make things even more awkward. How do you join 2 paths together after you have created them seperately?

Photoshop is an amazing bit of software, but for vector support I've always found it hard work. Fireworks really is the king for clean vector layouts, FACT!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.