Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

looking to get feedback on a design

Featured Replies

  • Author

no offence, but what am I doing wrong to get some responses to my posts? The last few times I posted here, I've had no replies. I've used this forum a lot in the past, to great effect, but recently am I forgetting my manners or something?

Hey Andy,

 

The site looks well structured to me, I like it. I have a couple of suggestions though:

 

I would increase the font size of the body text, far too small in my opinion.

 

My other critique would be to slim down your colour palette a bit, the greens, orange/yellow, red, grey are fighting each other a bit and looking a touch dull. Also they don't tie into the logo really.

 

Other than that nice work, be sure to show us the final design when it's finished!

I second Sam on increasing the font size.

 

Also consider reducing the 3d banner effect you have going on with the headings in the sidebar... they seem a little overkill to me and not in key with the rest of the site.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.