Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CMS with Forum Support

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I am looking for a CMS that is built in with forum/bulletin board support with an easy backend. I have come across a few but they seem a little too much what I need it for and maybe a little difficult for a none-tech minded client to figure out.

 

Basically it is for a client who wants a simple 3 page site and a forum that can be a) built into the CMS, or if not I can install something like PHPBB and link to it externally, but I would rather keep a forum to the theme of the site if possible.

 

The basis of it is for a homepage, about us page, links page and forum and I think they also want third party access, I am assuming they want account creation with minor privalages within the CMS. I dont have full details yet, they are contacting me tomorrow with more information, but is there any out there of use for such a small project? They simply want to be able to login and change content on the few pages when needed with the possibility of adding pages in the future.

 

It is something which I am having to figure out quickly to offer them full support on how to use the CMS.

 

They have assured me that they do not mind a redesigned template so I am figuring this is going to be a simple design for non-seo purposes, but I also want to give them a nice design so one with some nice customisable templates would be great. They dont have much budget so I told them I would find the best CMS for their uses which is for client interaction and not to generate any online enquiries via SEO, etc.

 

I would also like to point out I am not savvy with any coding to build one, generally most of my websites are static.

 

Any help will be greatful :)

 

Thank you and regards

WW

Wordpress + BBpress?

Super easy to use and link with each other seamlessly...

Only thing I would say is that BBpress is not your typical forum software...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.