Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My portfolio

Featured Replies

I think I posted my portfolio on here about a year ago when I first started but I have made a lot of changes since then and have some work in it now too... so can you let me know what you think www.firefields.com you will be redirected to a static page if you are an old ie user or if you have javascript disables, so let me know if you see any other problems!

 

cheers,

 

Rob

Hi there. I like the simplicity of your design (I'm a sucker for minimalist designs).

 

I have a couple of suggestions, whether you agree with them or not I don't know.

 

My first suggestion is the bit of text on the left side of the site with the instructions on how to use the site and then a bit about yourself. I think it's necessary to have that info there, but when you click to see your portfolio, it kind of overlaps it. While it takes your attention to the portfolio, I think it'd be better if you could still see the info. I'd suggest shortening the text about yourself or making the box it fits in a bit wider (since you have the space to do that) so it isn't so high.

 

My only other problem is the portfolio box itself. I think that because you don't have a navigation menu, when you open up the portfolio slider it looks a bit like a navigation menu. I think it'd look better with some thumbnail images of your portfolio designs.

 

Just one last thing. I think that while you can close the info panel and open it back up, I don't understand how that is useful.

 

I think that's all from me :) I hope it helps!

  • Author

Hi Angelssin, thanks for your imput. think I might go for shorter text up there actually. and I like the thumbnails. I was thinking of putting a flash menu in there, like a horizontal accordion could have some small graphics so you get an idea, but i like the black and white down there, so I might keep them black and white images! as for the info panel, when I rebuilt my portfolio I wanted to make the graphics as big as possible as I figure that's what people want to see and if you have a narrow screen then you can't see whats behind the info... so you can turn it off to get a full screen and turn it back on to get some info about it. might be a bit confusing I guess if you have a widescreen! cheers for your tips.

When you open the Portfolio section, the flash file kinda overlaps the title and makes it look odd? (See Attachment)

 

Also I agree, some Images would be nice, so that people can just quickly browse.

Maybe you should have some more sections other than just portfolio, such as "Services, Contact etc.. that way you can fill the portfilo bit with more content such as the images?

post-12721-124809340864_thumb.png

  • Author

Hi Chris, cheers for that, can you tell me what browser you were using? thanks.

  • Author

on no. its alright actually I just found that it happens in all browsers if you make the page small enough! thanks for that

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.