May 21, 200917 yr I've redesigned my first site Visit My Website here and any comments/feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks
May 21, 200917 yr Not a huge fan Im afraid. I think it looks a bit too corporate and a little old-fashioned. Not very web 2.0.
May 21, 200917 yr Author I like it ! it's a simple clean website ! but you used a dark red on black !!! Thanks, I wanted it to be clean and easy to view, but whats wrong with red on black? Not a huge fan Im afraid. I think it looks a bit too corporate and a little old-fashioned. Not very web 2.0. I was going for more of a corporate look rather than looking like a single person company, for something to grow into. With regards to Web 2.0, I'm under the impression this is including comments, like a blog, so that people can interact with the site? This is something I'm working on to include with the site, still developing my skills, but for my first professionally designed site I thought I did ok.
May 21, 200917 yr Hi Sorry but I agree with Highway 7. Most major corporate sites are going for far milder colours and basically less going on - Google is wanting content and not "show" and I think the customers are too unless you are a biker's site - are you? if so sorry - Your heavy graphics did not get through to me what you do - maybe that is the point..... The graphics blocked the message - simplicity works in my view.
May 21, 200917 yr I have just checked out your site again and you are graphic designers.... I think that is why
May 21, 200917 yr Author Hi Sorry but I agree with Highway 7. Most major corporate sites are going for far milder colours and basically less going on - Google is wanting content and not "show" and I think the customers are too unless you are a biker's site - are you? if so sorry - Your heavy graphics did not get through to me what you do - maybe that is the point..... The graphics blocked the message - simplicity works in my view. Thanks for the info. I understand what you are saying and appreciate all feedback. Where would anyone be without feedback! I'll be keeping the layout, but think I will tone it down a little so that the design's not so bold and bright, but the content stands out more. How's this logo change for a start?
May 21, 200917 yr Hi Lose the black and red - it is so dated. PM me with what you want your image to be and I will help.
May 21, 200917 yr I think it looks great. I especially like your logo. I do agree that red on black can look awful however in moderation, it's not too bad. The only thing I would change is tone down the drop shadow a bit.
May 21, 200917 yr Author I think it looks great. I especially like your logo. I do agree that red on black can look awful however in moderation, it's not too bad. The only thing I would change is tone down the drop shadow a bit. Thanks AS. Ok I've created a couple more ideas for the site look. Can't get away from red and black theme, just goes with Red Hot Rocket! Anyway, what do people think to these? Option 1 Option 2 Option 3
June 2, 200917 yr Author I've now updated the look as I felt it wasn't quote what I wanted, so please have a look and give your comments here.
June 2, 200917 yr I really like your logo and I think the size is really effective. I do think that the red version of the logo is better though. It's much more solid and gives a feel to the page (option 1 in your previous post). I think you could lose the underlined links on the left hand side though. They could perhaps be made into more of a "button" style to give it more of a professional feel.
June 2, 200917 yr I agree with people on the black and red its not my fav for sites .. The look does feel very dated but the layout and information is clean and effective! .. I like the red | in the bottom nav and think maybe you should replace the footer back with the grey or a different shade ... Also the header top red bar is not needed and maybe with that gone will draw the eye to the logo instead of the top bar... Also on the logo witch i like im not so keen on the grey stepped in text this might look better with a different effect.. Not knocking just telling you whats not to my taste but its overall not a bad site at all
June 2, 200917 yr Author great response guys, thanks very much. dangreaves: I think I'll convert the buttons to roll over images on the left hand side so they look more like buttons. I've not really liked the effect of the underlined links, it doesn't work, but I did this to keep the links readable by search engines and so that they are obviously links. Swiped: I accidentally saw the page earlier and realised that red bar did exactly as you've described, distracts the eye from the logo, so with this in mind, I'm changing these elements. And not to worry swiped, all comments, positive or negative, are appreciated, as where would anyone be if we didn't get these! We'd all think we were amazing!!(well some do anyway!!! lol)
June 5, 200917 yr Author last update now, so I'll leave you guys alone after this have a look at www.redhotrocket.co.uk
June 5, 200917 yr to me the buttons are too big, and if you want to use black and red you'd be better off having black background with red letter there.
Create an account or sign in to comment