Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

redhotrocket

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by redhotrocket

  1. great story and with over 5 million hits now in 24 hours, viral marketing at its best!
  2. Thanks for the reply, but I don't think this is what I'm after. Its more a jquery event handler query answer I'm after.
  3. I'm still getting used to jquery and javascript so wondered if anyone can help with getting a link on one page to open an accordian header on another page? sites here: site example I want to get the link text where it says read more: Task Managers to Respected Leaders ...(read more) to link to the relevant accordian header on the Case Studies page and show this open on the page. Anyone?
  4. Thanks mteam, it worked! How did you pick up on this?
  5. I'm trying to get the footer to sit under after the container div, but for some reason its only sitting under the header! The container should be surrounding everything apart from the footer, can someone help with this?? clicky here
  6. wow, that's an impressive site! Loving the rotating world and rocket feature (especially because of my business name!) The twitter xmas monitor is a great piece of work too. Keep up the good work!
  7. lol just checked that, whats demonsrating involve?? and the prices page, barely exists! no one would find this site unless they new how to spell their name, I know I couldn't to show this example!
  8. You want to see lazy, how's this then...www.costantinous.com Designed in Imageready and autosliced!! I've even spoken to the owners (as I use them) and explained it doesn't come up when searching for them under cheltenham hairdressers, and they said people have found it and they paid £150 for the site! They won't listen to my comments, so I've left them to it. Very bad work, all images, no content, keywords etc etc and no one to track down for doing it oh and only designed a few months ago
  9. Bingo!! Thanks alot Mr P. I haven't fiddled with the site for a while and forgot about that, glad you picked it up as its working now!
  10. redhotrocket posted a gallery image in Logo Design
  11. oooo get you Dizi! lol yep you are right, I forgot about the other gradient effects available, busy working see! lol I've found that to create a look like the one wanted easier with brushes than using the gradient tool imo, but everyone has there own way of doing things.
  12. lol thanks welsh, and glad I could help. Dizi, your way would only create a horizontal/vertical gradient, as per Nero's example. Here's my example attached
  13. You can set the bg colour to the dark red, then using a red brush at a very large size with 0% hardness click and you're done really.
  14. I've created a site for a customer but for some reason the drop down menu seems to dissappear behind the Flash image on the screen, but only on one page! Anyone able to help? It does this on IE and FF on a PC, but all fine on Mac!! Sites here and its the Auto page from the products drop down. Thanks
  15. use your brushes and some fading, quite simple
  16. Sound familiar to anyone? Made me laugh
  17. Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a go otherwise i'll just have to use the images in Flash, but its a long way round doing this!
  18. I've designed a site using jquery innerfade and for some reason the images are inverted in IE8, can anyone tell me why? Its the images on the right. Works fine on FF Safari and Opera. Site's here: 1st Defence Window Films
  19. I worked this out by using a Flash file that sent an email to a server and attached the required page(s).
  20. I've designed a site using jquery innerfade and for some reason the images are inverted in IE8, can anyone tell me why? Its the images on the right. Works fine on FF Safari and Opera.
  21. I've got a few PDFs that have a field for inputting an email address and submitting. What I want the submit button to do is submit a copy of the page to the users email address without using an email client, and from what I've found I need to get the submit to send to a php file that automates this. Can someone help with the code for the PHP file? I've found this code to upload a file but can this be used to send an existing file on a server to an email address submitted? or can someone recommend something else?? Thanks <form method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data"><input type="file" name="yourForm"><input type="submit" value="Upload and send"></form> ---other script (sorry its php...thats all i ever do scripting in because asp sucks)--- <?php ... $mail = new PHPMailer(); //google this if you want ...general email stuff... $mail->addattachment($_FILES['yourForm']['tmp_name'], $_FILES['yourForm']['name']); $mail->send(); ... ?>
  22. I've just been surfing the web and looking to see it there is actually a PR10 site out there as none seem to exist! Even MS, Apple and the white house are a 9! Anyone know of one?
  23. agreed with wizely comments, content is king, so a merge of the 2 layouts maybe. Still needs to look good as I'm sure most people that may come across your site would think if your site looks good, and is in the top searches, then what can you do for them! But that's just obvious
  24. How about just adding another almost floating section under the existing portfolio one on the existing page, and putting all the content in there?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.