Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Comments, ideas..

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I am designing a new website for a house-design-office.

 

I will be happy to receive any comments or ideas, what is good, what is bad, how to make it more professional and so on

 

 

Link

 

Thanks

 

- vepe

Hi there,

 

The site doesnt look too bad the colour scheme is ok, you probably need another primary colour in there to make it pop a bit,

The image in the header is particulary poor quality I would change it for a better stock image if poss.

 

Coding wise the site has a lot of errors 23 validation errors and 1 warning which would need to be looked at. it has the begining of a decent looking site but I think it needs a bit more work yet.

  • Author
Hi there,

 

The site doesnt look too bad the colour scheme is ok, you probably need another primary colour in there to make it pop a bit,

The image in the header is particulary poor quality I would change it for a better stock image if poss.

 

Coding wise the site has a lot of errors 23 validation errors and 1 warning which would need to be looked at. it has the begining of a decent looking site but I think it needs a bit more work yet.

 

Hi and thanks for your reply!

 

I have tried to find a color which will look good in scheme.. any suggestions?

 

I agree, the header image is bad.. i have to work with it.

 

I don't know if it is a bad way to do that, but i often validate to page at last and then try to correct errors. In beginning i just try to put pieces in correct places and don't mind so much about validation.

 

But that's true! Thanks ^_^

I have tried to find a color which will look good in scheme.. any suggestions?

 

Personally I think giving the content background a lightish blue might work or even just making the site background a lighter grey, at the min the background grey is fairly close to the navigation area grey, might help break it up a bit.

 

I agree, the header image is bad.. i have to work with it.

If the client has provided it then thats fair enough, all you can do really is ask them to consider getting some pro photos done.

 

I don't know if it is a bad way to do that, but i often validate to page at last and then try to correct errors. In beginning i just try to put pieces in correct places and don't mind so much about validation.

 

No problem as long as it works when it goes live I personaly cant see a problem doing it that way, only thing I will say is that it might be an idea to check it at regular intervals or you may end up with a serious headache sorting them at the end of the build.

 

Good luck with your project.

The house in the header image looks like it's eaten all the pies - not a good image as it's distorted. I would choose something that's bright and well photographed.

 

Wy not have the clouds as real clouds without the texture applied - have this span the width of the browser page - you've done this with the block building background at the bottom so it might be nice to do the same with the sky. this would also then give you skope to do more with the logo - I would make it bigger.

  • 3 weeks later...

That looks much better.... more professional :D

nice layout, a million times better than the last one (though I liked the header "paint brush" textire effect on the first)

This final version is really nice and professional.Good job!

If it was my website,I'd be happy with it

tons better - not got time to say nuch more...too busy...

  • Author

Thanks thanks and thanks! ^_^

 

Now i am starting to validate and correct errors.. and waiting texts from customer :unsure:

nice site, I'd be happy with it if i were the client.

Nice idea for the background and layout in general. The only thing that lets the site down is the poor imagery. Invest in some quality photography and graphics and it'll look great!

  • Author
Nice idea for the background and layout in general. The only thing that lets the site down is the poor imagery. Invest in some quality photography and graphics and it'll look great!

 

I have to agree.. Photos have to be about these houses which my client has built, and he doesn't have better ones. I will suggest that i just drive around the country at summer and take some new photos when sun is shining and so on.

 

I will work with other graphics too, could you mention something which is specially bad?

 

Thanks for reply! ^_^

  • Author

Thanks, Peter!

 

Sorry my english, i'm not sure what you mean when saying "smashing", but i imagine it is something positive ;) narcissistic me...

the design is alright except for the header. it's not that very catchy and it needs a good logo.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Hi,

 

My customer is such lazy, that this project has been freezed few weeks.. again. I just tried to improve header little bit, what do you think about it? It is in bad quality now...

 

New Link

Old Link

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.