Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

IE7...thoughts?

Featured Replies

The 1st Release Candidate is out...I've been using the Beta since it became available and haven't had many issues. The only real problem I encountered was with PDF files...for some reason it refused to load them from a link. Seems to be fixed now, though.

 

So, who else is playing with it and what do you think?

Hmmm, good question, Like yourself have been using it since the Beta, I to had the same pdf problem, I also encountered a problem when using Google Image search, You would click on a image you wanted, it would then open up the image in an Iframe (with the image at the top and the website source loaded underneath) when I clicked the image for the "Full view" - the back button would most of the time disapear, the times it did stary the back button it took you to the Google homepage! Very weird!

 

This RC version seems much more stable and some browser rendering issues have now been fixed, which is excellent, plus the look is now more polished. I like the phishing filter etc, but have disabled it for the moment, as it kept popping up, so will tweak this soon. I am aware that the IE7 Update will be a forced update upon XP users, though I still know there will be stacks of people still using IE6 - my problem is I can't run IE7 & IE6 on the same pc - so it's hard to check browser rendering etc. So my work around will have to be installing ie7 on one machine and testing it on my laptop.

 

For the moment, i'm still an Opera/Firefox guy, They are just so much faster! :)

 

Will wait till the final release! Well we have all waited 5 years, whats a few months eh! :)

 

Ben

  • Author

They ARE much faster...I now find myself whining when using IE about the slowness. I've had many forum friends try the IE7 Beta and nearly lose their minds because they had no experience with tabbed browsing, so that may be an issue for some folks. :lol:

 

I'm a sucker for eye candy...I think that's why I like it, not for functionality. Been starting at the same damn browser for what seems like an eternity. :rolleyes:

IE freezes all the time for me, and hopefully IE7 will be a big change. I love the idea of tabs like firefox and I now it's going to look different and better. :D

I'm looking forward to using IE7 for the tabbed browsing. Firefox is incredible SLOW for me compared to IE6 that I'm using now. I also do not like Firefox's tabbed browsing. I can't get new URLs to open in a new tab no matter what I change in the Options.

I'm pretty sure you can just press Ctrl + T and it opens a new tab in the same window. I just downloaded Firefox on this computer and i'm happy :)

My IE completely tanked recently so once the new version is released I might try downloading it overtop. I won't mess with beta versions because IE is buggy enough to start with, without inviting trouble.

 

I only use IE for reviewing webpages so that those poor folks who have yet to discover Firefox can see them properly. :p

haven't tried it yet but i have a friend who works as a tester for IE7 project...they'r testing the RSS part of this. based on what she's shown me, MS has decided to copy features from Opera and Firefox ;)

I've not downloaded IE7 yet as I didn't want to loose being able to test in IE6 but a friend of mine just sent me this link for a standalone version of IE6 so you get both IE7 and IE6 for testing.

 

http://browsers.evolt.org/download.php?/ie...ie6eolas_nt.zip

 

But I think this is for Service Pack 1 and I'm running Service Pack 2 so not got round to checking this out yet as I'm not sure it will work on my PC or not.

  • 4 weeks later...
I've not downloaded IE7 yet as I didn't want to loose being able to test in IE6 but a friend of mine just sent me this link for a standalone version of IE6 so you get both IE7 and IE6 for testing.

 

http://browsers.evolt.org/download.php?/ie...ie6eolas_nt.zip

 

But I think this is for Service Pack 1 and I'm running Service Pack 2 so not got round to checking this out yet as I'm not sure it will work on my PC or not.

 

Is there a stand alone version of IE7? I've got Beta installed as a stand alone so it doens't screw with IE6...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.