Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

graphics

Featured Replies

Hi

 

I wonder if anyone can tell me please the best place to get certain web graphics? Whilst I can built websites my skills with graphic programs are very limited. When I try to design them myself they look awful.

 

I have no problem designing basic buttons and shapes etc but I would like to add other things such as those little graphics depicting contact details - such as emailing and telephoning etc. Ideally they would be in a changeable format for me to change the colours etc.

 

I am not a big fan of too many pointless images and not looking for 'amateurish' clipart but I'm trying to just make the site a little more interesting and professional looking without needing to hire a professional graphic designer.

 

Does that make sense?

 

Any advise greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks very much.

 

Den

  • Author

Thanks for your reply.

 

I'll take a look at those right now!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you wish to have some control over the colours etc. I would suggest you (If you haven't already) use a vector based program. Inkscape is a free program, or you can pay for illustrator.

 

You can then download the files (there's quite a lot of free ones out there, just google something like free vector image....) and change the colour to whatever you want.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.